Who made me a princess? Chapter 3 (Revising)

(Baby Athanasia's POV)

*gasp*

Why did I suddenly remember the novel I had previously read before? A romance novel that someone left behind. The title was so tacky; it's fitting though, the story was childish. The name of the princess who was executed in that novel, is the same as my name....

Is it possible that I'm the princess in that novel? Well, I hope not.

Apparently I died in my sleep from taking sleeping pills.When I opened my eyes again, I turned out like this.

 This doesn't make any sense I suddenly became a baby again!

What's more is that this baby is a princess.

Being an orphan in my previous life, I was grateful that I was born as a princess who has a silver spoon in her mouth, but...

  Why does it have to be a mistreated princess!

**********************************************************************************
My father of this world... was a real psycho.
According to what I overheard from the maids talking, this Ruby Palace that I'm currently living in, was originally where the emperor's concubines lived.

In short, the emperor's harem.

...Or so it was until the day I was born. When the emperor killed everyone in the Ruby Palace.

My mother was a dancer invited to the royal banquet. But from what I learn later on, she isn't my biological mother. My actual mother looks exactly like her twin sister.

She was a magician and also a dancer just like my aunt. She drew the emperor's attention and was deflowered by him. But then she was forgotten.

My mother supposedly died leaving an infant behind, who was me, since then the emperor has cast me aside too, his baby girl. So I was raised by the wind rocking my cradle... I mean, the maids of this Ruby Palace.

Leaving a baby like me here, where he committed such a cruel massacre...

Ugh...since hearing that story for the first time I've been having nightmares every night. But what scares me more than the nightmares... is the emperor that I've never even met yet.

What if he suddenly goes cuckoo again and tries to kill me? Like he killed everyone else who was here in this palace.

I should think of something else. I'm scaring myself. The name I got this life was given to me by my birth mother.

The undying Athanasia

Such an extravagant name for an ''outcast'' princess like me.

It's the same name as the ill-fated princess in that romance novel ''lovely princess''.

I suppose mother meant for me to live long and prosperous in the emperor's care. Unfortunately the Athanasia from the novel faces a tragic death at the age of 18. By her father the emperor himself, no less!

My goal is to stay a forgotten princess, out of his sight for as long as I can!

This is a palace after all, I get three meals a day, a nice cozy bed. No matter how bad I got it, it's still the life of a princess. I'm going to grow big and strong, steal some gold, and run off.

The moment I gather enough money to escape with, I'm out of here.

**********************************************************************************
''Do you like it that much?'' Lily asked. Holding a ball of gold toward me.

''Oah!'' (This is baby Athanasia responding since she is a baby she can't really speak yet.)

Come to mama, you sweet, sweet gold! 

I held my hands out towards the gold Lily was holding in front of me.

I can now crawl around the carpet with ease.

Lily must have thought that I like sparkly things.

The palace itself was luxurious, but due to the dwindling budget, I never got much to myself! My days in the palace were peaceful. I was nervous at first. I never heard from the emperor for months, so he must have really forgotten me.

While my biological mother went somewhere important leaving me with Lily and the other maids. At least she cares for me unlike some father I have.

But is it just me?

Seems like some trinkets are disappearing from my room...

'Is Lily putting them away so I don't get hurt?' I said groaning.

''The sorcerer of the tower had the strongest power among all the sorcerers in existence.'' Lily said holding a book.

So there are sorcerers in this world. I knew this wasn't just some random foreign country. I'm really in a fantasy world!

''The sorcerer of the tower was so powerful, he could easily bring an empire to ruins and for that reason, they freeze their own hearts. Because such powers could be used for trivial things if passion overcame reason and emotion overcame rationality. There are theories that the sorcerer from the tower destroyed the kingdom before our Obelian Empire.''

'Hmm?'

'Oo Dis?' I pointed at the book Lilian was holding.

''Oh my, do you recognize who he is?''

'Nope.' I shook my head.

''Yes, that's right. It's your father, princess.'' Lily replied.

What?! That damned bloke who left his wife and child and is out there doing god knows what?
(Why do I feel like he's sleeping right now.╮(^▽^)╭)

''Bee Baa! Eeeya!''(Bastard! Trash!) I said smacking the picture of my father.

''My my, our sweet princess is certainly a bright young child.'' Lily replied while rubbing my head.

The current emperor of the Obelian Empire...is the hero who brought an end to the tyrannical, devil - worshipping evil king before him?

This scumbag who left his daughter out here, after massacring a place full of people is portrayed like some kind of great heroic king! I know it's just a storybook, but come on!

''That reminds me, I've never told you the majesty's name. Would you look at this picture again?'' Lily said to me.

I'm not curious! What is there for me to know about that dirtbag?!

''Your father, his majesty Claude De Alger Obelia.'' Lily said.

Huh? No way...

Why does he have the same name as the emperor from that book? Ugh.

''And your name is princess Athanasia De Alger Obelia.'' Lily replied smiling.

And I have the same full name as the princess from the book...?

''Princess, you are the majesty's precious daughter.''

Whoa...It's uncanny how identical things are, and how annoying... is it just me? Why am I getting shivers down my spine?Haha..

(That's it for now, don't worry I will add (y/n) soon just be patient please ಥ‿ಥ. I hope you are enjoying so far and just to remind you guys again I don't own 'Who made me a princess?' the manhwa or any of the characters and also the pictures I used, besides (y/n). I'll try to update soon.)

3/28/20