Who made me a princess? Chapter 7

(5 days later)
Athanasia makes plan C: Continue playing cute to steal Claude's heart.

(Y/n POV)

How did this happened? Athanasia met her father. And now he wants her attention. I got to be more careful and keep an eye on her.

You thought to yourself, forgetting to get your daughter ready to meet Claude.

''Mommy?''

''Yes?''

Athanasia stares at you also confused.

''Oh yes, we have to get you ready to meet your father, he requested it.'' you said helping her put on her dress.

While getting her ready there was a short knock on the door.

''Come in.'' you said.

Lilian heads inside. ''I see you woke up the princess already.''

''Yes, I'm getting her ready to meet her father.'' you said walking towards her cabinet where her comb is.

''Are you going to see him again?'' Lilian whispers to you.

''Yes, I can't leave my daughter alone.'' you said combing Athanasia's hair.

''Then I'm going to.'' Lilian insists.

''Lilian no, I can't ask for your help every time.''

''(Y/n), I'm your best friend I wouldn't want you to go alone, I'm going whether you like it or not.''

Sighing you agreed. ''If you insist, we have to get ready, Claude wouldn't want us to keep him waiting.''

**********************************************************************************

''Lilian York and-''

''(Y/n), (l/n) your highness'' you said bowing.

''Blessings and glory upon the sun of the Obelian Empire.'' both you and Lilian said.

''I haven't been able to pay enough attention to my one and only daughter due to my duties at court.'' Claude replies. ''But still, Athanasia has grown into such a healthy child. The credit belongs to you two.''

''Thank you, your majesty.'' both of you said.

''However, from now on, I will be looking into the princess' well-being. There will be no need to worry.''

'What?' you thought.

 Claude smirking at you from your shocked face.

''Starting today, princess Athanasia will be treated as a proper princess.''

Both you and Lilian step out with Athanasia. Lilian leaving you for a bit so you can converse with your daughter.

After Lilian leaves, you hugged your daughter.

''It's okay, princess. It's alright...' you said, a tear falling out, scared for your daughter's sake.

''I'll stay with you no matter what happens.'' you reassured her.
**********************************************************************************
After that, all you followed Claude and Athanasia, them both going to have a boat ride.

''I think you got a bit chubbier since I last saw you.'' Claude said holding his chin.

''Hehehe, you look pretty too, papa!'' Athanasia replied back.

Lilian, Felix, and you stand there worried. Thinking Claude may do something bad by her comment.

Claude stayed quiet staring at Athanasia. Scaring everyone waiting for his response.

''Follow me'' Claude finally says, turning around.

All of you breathe a sighed of relief.

''I was on my way to the lake, get ready and join me.''

''Your majesty, I worry the princess being around water is...'' you said, only by being interrupted by Claude.

''What's there to worry about when she's with me?''

''B, but...''

Athanasia holds your dress and pulls on it. You look down at her worried.

''Don't you want to join me?'' Claude asks.

''Yep, Athy wants to go with papa too!'' she replied back, smiling.

''Really?'' Claude asks.

You stared in horror not able to do nothing.

Claude places your daughter on the boat, as you watch both of them ride away, still close by.

''You think Athanasia will be ok?'' you asked Lilian.

''I'm not sure, but let's just hope.''

''His majesty is not really bad, so you don't have nothing to worry about.'' Felix said reassuringly.

''I hope your right.'' Lilian said.

Both Lilian and Felix keep conversing to each other. While you kept thinking about your daughter. Eventually when looking at your daughter again, you saw her leaning on the boat, seeming to reach for something in the water.

You stared in shock and horror when your daughter fell in the water, her struggling to swim. When you look at Claude hoping he was going to save her, you were shocked. Claude didn't seem to care.

''Athanasia!'' you screamed. Not caring what others think of you for not calling her princess.

You ripped you maid outfit enough to not drown when you jump in the water. After doing so, you didn't hesitate jumping in the water swimming towards you daughter and saving her. What you didn't notice was Claude barely moving an inch about to jump in and save her instead. But you beat him to it.

Athanasia is coughing while you are reassuring her and checking if she's okay.

''Princess, are you alright?!'' Lilian comes close to you two helping.

''Felix.'' Claude says, staring at you two not caring much.

''Yes, your majesty?'' Felix replied shocked, standing behind Claude with other maids behind him, staring from all of the commotion.

''Teach Athanasia how to swim.'' he turns away. ''It would be a shame if an emperor's daughter drowned to death in a mere lake.''

Claude starts walking away. Felix looking behind one last time worried, the other maids following after.

''It's okay, it's okay.'' you said tears falling out still horrified.

Athanasia still scared without thinking screamed out loud.

''MOMMY!'' she screamed hugging you.

Claude stopped upon hearing his daughter screamed for her mother. He turns around abruptly.

''What did she say?'' he said.

You looked up more terrified then ever.

3/31/20