Who made me a princess? Chapter 8/Part 2

You stand there watching Claude and Felix interact. You then looked at Claude who was standing up and walking to Athanasia who seemed lost in thought.

Claude picks up your daughter by the waist carrying her while her arms and legs dangle.

''Uhh Claude?'' you asked confused. He then approaches you and takes your hand leading you both to a bed nearby. (What's it called? It's technically a bed but for like, resting instead. Idk.)

''Hearing so much barking this early in the day got me tired.'' Claude said. Placing Athanasia on the bed, him following laying down. He pulls you and lays you next to him, also placing your head on his chest to lay and closes his eyes.

You and your daughter just stay in your position awkwardly, not being use to it yet.

''That song.'' he then says.

''Song?'' you asked.

''The one she sang before,'' he goes on, looking at Athanasia. ''You said it was a song to ''chase the bad dreams away''.

''Ah! The''lullaby song!''you said knowing what he was talking about.

''The 'lullaby song?'.

''Yes, I sing that song to Athanasia when she can't fall asleep.''

''Yes, that I want her to sing it.''

You looked surprised and wait for your daughter to sing.

''Athy forgot that song'' she said back.

''Forgot?''he said. ''Then what would make you remember?''

''That reminds me, after I claimed the throne, some insolent men tried to attack me in this very audience chamber. I caught them, and had them on their knees, those fools kept saying there was no one behind it, that they don't know anything about it.''

''So I made them remember by force.''

That gave Athanasia and yourself the chills.

''From my years of experience, I know a few hundred ways to bring back lost memories. But I can't use those on you. Just now you acted like you knew the song and now you tell me you've forgot. I wonder how I can bring your memories back...''

''Claude.'' you interfere. ''How about I sing with her? Maybe she will remember the song along.''

''Sure.''

''Come on princess, let's sing for your papa.''

''Okay.''

You both sang to Claude, and after a while, he finally falls asleep.

''Is his majesty asleep?'' Felix calls out.

You get up from Claude's chest. And replied back. ''Yeah.''

Athanasia meanwhile was messing around with his hair.

''That's rare. He's not the one who usually shows himself uncomposed. Your song must have been effective, ma'am.''

''Thank you Felix'' you replied back. ''Your actually a pretty nice man, I'm glad to have you by Claude's side.''

''Uhh, thank you.'' Felix replied embarrassed by the compliment. ''Anyway I'm sure you'll make his highness happy, his family is right beside him.''

You smiled to yourself looking at your daughter falling asleep beside Claude.

''Actually,'' Felix continues, ''I lost my mother at an early age, my mother was his majesty's nanny. So his majesty and I are bosom brothers, so to speak.''

You stayed quiet listening.

'No wonder Claude seems soft towards Felix.' you thought.

''To be honest, I resented my mom when I was young. She spent more time with his majesty than me. So right after she passed away, I used to say I didn't miss her at all. And I really didn't think that I missed her. Since she didn't spend that much time with me while she was alive, I didn't feel her absence very much.''

''But one day, by chance. I was staring at a handkerchief... So, for some reason, I noticed the embroidery of my name done by my mother while she was alive.''

''Unbelievably, I started to get tears in my eyes. I hated my mother so much, she was nothing but a name or an image to me, but in truth I was missing her. Even thought I had no memories with her, she was still my one and only mother.''

''Thank you for sharing something really personal to me Felix, but may I ask why?'' you asked.

''Because, I actually thought me and the princess shared something in common, and I wanted to tell someone that I really trust, for a second there you reminded me of my mother.'' he said back embarrassed, scratching behind his head. ''Or a sister! Uhm I mean-''

You giggled. ''Sister seems fine, Felix. And I'm sorry for your lost. I'm sure your mother is watching over you.'' you smiled.

''Thank you ma'a-''

''You can call me (y/n), Felix.'' you interrupt him.

''Ah, but-''

''From now on, think of me as your sister, you can rely on me on anything.''

Felix chuckles.

''Thank you (y/n), I'm happy to be part of your family.''

You lay down with Claude and fall asleep together with him and your daughter.

(I'll try to update another chapter soon. I wanted to finish at least part 2 of this chapter. I hope you enjoyed..)

4/5/20