Who made me a princess? Chapter 17

Finally the day of the debutante ball arrived.

Another sunny and calm day awaited, is what princess Athanasia was waiting for, or so she thought.

''Princess, hurry, there's no time.'' a maid hurriedly removed Athanasia's blanket off of her, interrupting her sleep, in the crack of dawn.

''Huh..?'' Athanasia answers confused and still half asleep.

''It's a big day, there's not a minute to spare!''

You and Lilian are with two other maids awaiting for your daughter's arrival, with many ointments and bathing products waiting on the side.

Athanasia was hurried over, her clothing being removed in a rush and guided towards the warm bath for her take.

Everyone started to add different things they had gathered earlier and added them to the bath.

''Close your eyes'' you told her splashing water over her head.

While doing so you could hear all of the uproar the maids were having.

''Loosen up your shoulders!''

''Where's the perfumed oil...?!''

''The stuff for her hair!''

''Should we add some more herbs?''

''The petals too!''

''We need to massage you after the bath so you don't get bloated.''

You looked at your daughter who is in disbelief, clearly not expecting her debutante to be that big of a deal. You smiled from her expression.

''I'm hungry mommy.'' Athanasia turned toward you. 

''Just hang on a bit more, princess.'' you said back.

You couldn't help but feel bad for her but, this was her special day, so everything had to be just perfect.

''I'll be back to get you something quick to eat.'' you said leaving your daughter in the hands of the other maids still running around getting everything ready.

Lilian following you after.

''Who knew having a debutante ball would be this difficult to handle.'' you said.

''Well, it will all be worth it in the end.'' Lilian adds in.

Lilian starts to cut a piece of chocolate cake for your daughter while you start making her some tea.

 ''So do you have a dress ready for you?'' Lilian asks.

''Actually I don't, I was actually hoping you can help me get a dress that is simple. Claude wants me to be seen by many of the nobles beside him as his bride to be, but I still need time to get used to this kind of life.''

''That seems like a great idea. I'll get everything ready for you.'' Lilian smiled already holding the cake on the platter.

''Ah, but please, I don't need the same treatment my daughter is having.'' you sweat dropped.

''No problem'' Lilian smiles back.

While finishing up making the tea, you asked another maid if your daughter was ready.

''I'll go have a look your majesty, please let me take that tray off your hands, I'll hand it to the princess.'' she said in a hurry.

''Ah but you don't have to call me-''

But before you can say anything else the maid ran off to do her duties.

''Her majesty asked if she's done!'' you heard her yell out.