33.

Omniscient

Kim laid on the couch of her mother's living room, rubbing her bare belly. She had gained a little weight, but no one could tell she was pregnant.

Her morning sickness had finally kicked in, and she felt like crap. It was a struggle hiding it from her mom, so she came over to finally tell her.

Carmen walked into the living room with a steaming bowl of soup to ease Kim's pain. "Awe mama poor baby," she cooed, teasing Kim as she sat in the chair beside her.

Slowly sitting up, she took the bowl from her mother's hand before placing it on her lap. "Mama I have something to tell you, but please don't be mad at me."

Carmen raised a brow as she waited for Kim to continue. "I can't promise that, but go ahead."

"I went to the doctor not too long ago, and I'm pregnant. I'm almost 3 months pregnant, actually."

A smile formed on Carmen's face. "Finally. I don't know why you took so long to tell me."

Kim held a confused expression on her face. "What do you mean finally? You already knew?"

"Honey, you came out of my body. I know everything about you, even when something changes. Mama knows everything," she winked.

Grinning, she took a sip of the cooled soup. "I'm not ready for kids, but I'm willing to be a woman and take care of my responsibilities."

"I don't think you're ever truly ready for kids. You just have to learn along the way. I know it's not what you want, but it's what God wanted for you," Carmen said as she played in her daughter's tousled hair.

Her own hair was out today, and her dark brown skin radiated throughout the room.

"I get it. Don't tell daddy about this. When I tell him I want Paris to be there."

Carmen nodded before getting up and going into the kitchen to start on dinner.

Kim was finishing off her food before her phone buzzed on the night stand. A frown was fixated upon her face once she realized it was Lorenzo.

Reluctantly, she answered the phone before placing it on speaker. "Hello?"

"I don't want to bother you, that's the last thing I want to do. But I really need someone right now. You're the first person I thought to call," his voice boomed through the phone speaker.

Kim's heart pounded in her chest as Lorenzo spoke. He sounded just like he did when he found out she cheated on him. He was hurt, and she knew exactly why.

"Address?"
******

Kim's eyes widened once she pulled up to the address Lo gave her. He had upgraded from the apartment to a small contemporary home. It was something he always talked about owning when they were together.