29.

Kim

Just Be a Man About It, played lowly on my speakers as I tapped my fingers against the steering wheel. My heart thumped in my chest and I anxiously thought about what Jermaine had to tell me.

He wasn't even a close friend of mine, he was Paris's friend and all of a sudden he wanted to talk to me. We spoke to each other a few times, but that was about it.

I was hesitant about meeting up with him, especially since he said not to tell Paris where I was going.

Pulling onto the street of the address he gave me, I looked around cautiously before hopping out of the car.

What I assumed to be his house was quite nice. He lived in a suburban area with modern houses surrounding the neighborhood.

I knocked on the door before rocking back and forth on my heels.

A few seconds later, the door flung open, revealing Maine in a robe with a small hand gun in his hand.

The frown on his face relaxed once he realized that it was just me. "Oh sh*t Kim, you knocking on the door like you the police or sum sh*t," he laughed before stepping to the side to let me in.

"So you were gonna shoot the police?" I chuckled.

He shrugged before tucking the gun in his pants and showing me to the living room. "Aight, down to business. As you know, me and yo boyfriend slang dope," he said bluntly.

"Okay?"

"Paris is one dangerous a** nigga, and I know if he could right now, he'd catch Marcus a** himself, but since his leg messed up so to be honest, he can't do much. I already threw this plan at his head but he shut me down."

Raising my brows, I tilted my head to the side as I waited for him to continue.

"I told him that we should use you as bait to Marcus, and we'll see if he bites."

Everything Milan had previously told me started to make since. I disregarded everything she had said and didn't even bother to tell Paris. I just thought it was another one of her tricks.

"Hold on, I thought Marcus was y'all's friend. Now all of a sudden he wants to hurt Paris?"

Maine chuckled. "Listen Kim, that's how the game work with these niggas. They fake, and that's just that," he shrugged.

As much I was scared to have anything to do with this. I'd do anything for my baby, even if that meant putting my life on the line for him. I trusted Maine would make sure nothing would happen to me though.

"So what do I have to do?" I asked, ready for anything he was about to throw at me.
*******

"So you're really going to go through with that? Girl you're a rider," Denise chuckled, sitting across the couch from me.

We made up a little while after she left with her no good nigga. I still thought she was dumb for taking him back, and I let her know that. But that wasn't going to kill my friendship with her.

"I just don't want any harm coming to Paris. Maine promised me protection, and I trust him. Besides, I don't think Marcus would try anything stupid with me, he likes me."

"I guess. I wouldn't depend on him with my safety though, Maine is too goofy acting and silly to try to protect someone. You know what, I want to help my brother, would kind of sister would I be if I didn't."

She got up before placing a sleeping Egypt in her rocker and grabbing her phone off the coffee table.

"Denise what are you doing? And you can't be involved in this, I already shouldn't be in it myself."

"Awe girl calm down, I'm just trying to make sure you don't get hurt. I don't have to do anything but make a phone call. Nobody knows this, but Atlas is in the drug game. According to him he's pretty powerful and I'm sure he'll help y'all."

I looked at her like she was crazy. She just had to be on dope. "So basically you tryna die," I said, knowing how Paris would react. He was already probably going to choke slam me.

She blank faced me before rolling her eyes. "Kim I know what I'm doing. I'm just looking out for my brother and my best friend. It's the least I can do for making his ugly a** mad. Besides, Paris will never know Atlas was involved," she smirked.

I felt kind of stupid for agreeing, but I was already scared and a little extra protection wouldn't hurt. She did claim he was powerful in the drug world so maybe I wouldn't even have to do much.
*****

This chapter was so short but I felt bad and I thought y'all deserved something. I've even feeling a little discouraged, that's all.

Are you guys still interested in this book? Cause I don't want to drag it on if not so let me know something. 😩

Yours Truly,
   PrincessNesh🦋❤️