21.

PARIS

PARIS

My jaw clenched as I sped towards my old neighborhood where the trap was located. Maine had hit me up about some information that he was told on the streets, regarding what happened to my house.

My mind had been going through it since the incident happened. If Kim said she didn't cook anything, I believed her, so how exactly did my house burn down? Something wasn't adding up.

It was 4 o'clock in the morning, and I was tired but all that went away as soon as my phone buzzed.

The neighborhood was quite as I drove through, nobody was chilling on the porch or playing outside due to the time. Pulling into the driveway, I turned off my car before hopping out and making my way inside.

A cool lick of Mary Jane fluttered around my nostrils as I made my way towards the kitchen. Maine was sitting at the small table, gassing.

"Dang nigga, I called you five minutes ago, you must've caught a jet over here," he chuckled, taking a slow drag from the joint.

"Burn that out bruh, tell me wassup, I left Kim in the bed asleep," I said, before plopping down in a chair myself.

He kissed his teeth before burning it out and tossing it in the trash can. "Okay, so I been hearing niggas talk about the fire ever since it happened. Most of the time I would ignore it cause you know, I thought it was normal and didn't think nothing of it. Ight so, my nigga T-bo came to the house earlier today and said, somebody told him that they saw a Jeep  leaving yo house and then boom next thing you know, it's on the news," Jermaine said, tossing his lips to the side.

I relaxed back in my seat as racked my brain, thinking of who I knew that had a Jeep. "He said anything else?"

"He said a girl was driving it. No, ion know if you a lil slow, or you just don't pay attention, but what girl you and me both know is the only one with a Jeep," he said, perking his lips up to his nose.