9.

Kim

"Lo, what are you talking about?" I said as I rolled my eyes while listening to Lorenzo complain.

"Kim, don't play dumb. You know exactly what I'm talking about. We never spend time together anymore because you're always out. It's been like this for a good while now, and it's starting to really piss me off," he said as he looked down at the ground.

After he made his statement, I immediately scrunched my brows together. "I'm always out because yo ass ain't never home. What I'm supposed to do while you're at work? Sit on my ass all day? Hell no. We don't spend time together because you're so focused on whatever the hell you got going on at your job," I pointed my finger at him before rolling my eyes.

"Why are you raising your voice? I'm not yelling at you so stop yelling at me," he said with a confused look on his face.

Feeling bad that I yelled at him, I instantly softened up. We never argued, we only had small disagreements. And when we did disagree, we never raised our voices at each other.

"I'm sorry," I said before he got up and pulled me into a hug.

"No, I'm sorry. You're right, I am always at work when I don't have to be. I promise I'll start making more time for you," he said before kissing my head multiple times.

While we stood there in a tight embrace, my phone began to vibrate in my back pocket. Swiping it out, Milan's name appeared on the screen.

I looked at her contact name weirdly before letting go of Lo and placing the phone to my ear. It had been weeks since I've heard from her.

"Heyyy best friend!" she said in a sing-song voice.

"Best friend my ass. I thought you disappeared into thin air. You keep doing that Milan."

"Girl I've been busy. But at least I still made time to talk to you. Anyways, let's go out, I miss you," she pleaded.

Her excuse for not talking to me was unacceptable, especially since she lied about being with Paris, but being the nice and forgirveful person I am, I gave in.

"Fine."
******

Omniscient

Kim pulled up in front of Starbucks before taking her key out of the ignition and stepping out of the car. She flipped her long bouncy curls to the other side of her before strutting to the entrance of the cafe.

Milan sat right in front of the window as she looked at Kim with envy

Milan sat right in front of the window as she looked at Kim with envy. She never felt the need to be jealous around her while they were growing up because she wasn't as intimidating as she was now. Now that they were older, Kim had gotten prettier, thicker, and her hair had gotten even longer.