28.

"Wow so you're really thinking bout marriage?" Rico, his jeweler said as he sat next Paris on the couch.

Paris glanced at him before nodding. "I can't believe I'm saying this but man, I really am. That's crazy cause I never saw myself getting married until I met her. I probably sound so sap right na, but it's the truth," he smirked as he thought about Kim.

"Aye dude, I ain't mad at ya. I'm actually happy for you. I can tell you love her, I ain't the type of nigga you gotta front about how you feel about your girl to," Rico said.

He hated dudes who put on for their friends, trying to downplay about how they feel for their lady.

Paris nodded, already knowing.

"We've known each other for a little over a year, you think I'm moving too fast? Plus, she was with a nigga for four years and was not ready to marry him."

"I think that love doesn't have a time on it. If you can't see yourself with anyone else, then I say go for it. And you're not him."

He smiled a little before looking over the diamond rings that were displayed in the portable case that Rico had brought over.

There were about 20 rings in the box, some from Tiffany's and others from Cartier.

Paris studied the different rings until his eyes landed on the perfect one. It was a 18k teardrop ring from Tiffany's.

"Lemme get this one," he said, a little too excited

"Lemme get this one," he said, a little too excited. He could literally picture the ring on her finger.

"Whew, nigga she gon have my house and my car on her finger. 68,000 cash or card?" Rico asked, happy that he made a sale.
*****

Maine's 1972 cherry red Cadillac reeked of Gucci Pour Homme shower gel as he sped toward's Paris's house.

As soon as he offed whatever nigga that was that tried to to get in his car, he took off

As soon as he offed whatever nigga that was that tried to to get in his car, he took off. He didn't know if Marcus was a snake or not, but from the looks of things he was pretty sure he was.