Chapter 21: Is my life a musical?

Start from the beginning

Roman snaps his fingers, and Patton starts playing some music.

"And when someone needs a makeover, I simply have to take over. I know, I know exactly what they need," He starts to sing.

Oh great. Is my life going to turn into a musical now?

"And even in your case, though it's the toughest case I've yet to face. Don't worry - I'm determined to succeed!"

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask.

My question goes unanswered, as Patton gets out some makeup and hair supplies and some clothes.

"Follow my lead, and yes, indeed, you will be,"

Then Patton joins in the song.

"Popular! You're gonna be popular!" Roman sings, "I'll teach you the proper ploys,"

"When you talk to boys!" Patton sings.

"Do you mean Logan?" I ask.

"Little ways to flirt and flounce," They both continue,

"Flirt? Wait, what-"

"I'll show you what shoes to wear!" Patton sings.

"How to fix your hair!" Roman sings.

"What wrong with my hair?" I ask.

As they sing, they pull my beanie and thin coat off and pull out the hair products first. The red has mostly faded from my hair, but its still there.

"Everything that really counts, to be popular. I'll help you be popular! You'll hang with the right cohorts, you'll be good at sports,"

"I hate sports!" I protest.

"Sports being theater here. We're gay, remember?" Roman says quickly, then continues with the song.

"Know the slang you've got to know, so let's start, 'cause you've got an awfully long way to go," They sing.

Patton puts something in my hair and Roman starts brushing it. I have a feeling this is exactly what 9-year-old girls do. I scowl.

"Don't be offended by my frank analysis,"

"You could do worse." I shrug.

"Think of it as personality dialysis. Now that I've chosen to become a pal, a
sister and adviser!"

They finish up with my hair, with Patton adding the final touches of purple to it. They use some blue dye to make it purple again. Then they get out their makeup. Oh no.

"There's nobody wiser! Not when it comes to popular - I know about popular!"

I shrink away from them and their brushes, as the only makeup I wear is my eyeshadow.

"And with an assist from me, to be who you'll be! Instead of dreary who you were, well are. There's nothing that can stop you, from becoming popu-Ler. Lar." They sing as they pull me forward.

This goes on for what feels like hours, with eyeliner, foundation, eyeshadow, and too much more. Eventually, we get to my wardrobe.

"They were popular! Please - It's all about popular!"

They start looking through a bunch of clothes. Formal wear, suits, ties. Basically everything I would never wear.

"It's not about aptitude, it's the way you're viewed, so it's very shrewd to be,"

I agree on a basic black suit with a purple tie.

"Very very popular, like me!"

They stop singing. Finally.

"Wow, just look at you!" Patton says in awe.

Roman turns me around and in front of a full-body mirror.

"You think Logan will like it?" I ask.

"Definitely." They assure me.

I look at myself in the mirror. I do look pretty good. They've put on less of a pale foundation then I thought, so it's just enough to make my eyes look darker. The suit makes me look taller and less tiny. My hair is gelled and brushed to perfection, and they used a really nice shade of purple.

"Now you need to sweep him off his feet. Let's go to that dance!" Roman says.

"Woo!" Patton cheers.

"So are we just going to ignore the fact you got me ready in 4 minutes while singing?" I ask.

"Yep. Now let's go!" Patton says.

Wow, two chapters in a day. My creativity is about to face plant into the ground. That's how it feels anyway. Good thing I totally don't have other things I need to work on *cough schoolwork cough*. Well, I hope you enjoyed reading and feel free to leave any thoughts, theories, or feedback in the comments. Have a splendid day you magnificent peep!