ventiquatro//➳elodie

The tight grip on her wrist made her feel even more anxious than she should have been. Ashton continued to drag her down the street, on the way back to house.

"Seriously Ash it's fine," she insisted for the fifth time that evening. Each time she had repeated the sentence she backs more and more hesitant with her words. She wanted to say it was because they were getting closer and closer to the beach house, but that was not the case.

Ashton sighed deeply and continued to tug her down the street.
"It's not fine Elodie, it's defiantly not. What he did to you is completely and utterly inhumane and no one deserves to go through that kind of thing. Not only did he do what he did. Now he's back! He's ruining your life again El, and I lo - care about you too much to let that happen."

Her heart skipped a beat when she heard what he was about to say. He was flustered and his cheeks began to turn a deep red colour - which was adorable - and he no longer made eye contact with her before he continued dragging her along the street.

The house was a mere thirty seconds away. Her heart was pounding in her chest and she had no idea what she could do. If Zayn was still there, everything would be ruined, everything she had built up from her life that was once shattered in a million piece would all disappear.

"A-ash," she stuttered slightly.
"I honestly don't see why this is necessa-"

"Elodie, we've discussed this!" He snapped, stopping all of a sudden, and turning to face her.
His hazel eyes burned into hers for a few seconds before he spoke again, "I won't let him hurt you again." He whispered.

His eyes were once again soft and comforting. Only making her feel even more guilty about what she was doing to him, and everyone else that seemed to care about her.

She didn't say another word and began walking down the street by herself.

They finally reached the house and her heart was pounding in her chest. This could be it. Her secret could be out and she would be right back to square one of trying to build a new life, that is, if Zayn was even still there.

Ashton swung open the door and stomped inside, shocking Elodie with his sudden anger.

"Zayn you fucking twat! Where the hell are you?" He roared as he stomped around the hallway, glancing in the living room.

Elodie stood by the door, trying to control her breathing. Her fingers trembled and she played with the teal ends of her hair.

She heard someone jogging down the stairs, she didn't want to look up, he was too scared of the person it may have been.

But it wasn't.

"Calm down Ash!" Calum yelled in the direction of the kitchen, "we kicked Zayn out. We won't be seeing any of him anymore."

Elodie felt her heartbeat slow down and a smile stretched across her face. Now this was good news, the good news she needed to hear. She didn't even realise that she had let out a rather loud and obvious sigh of relief.

The boys turned to look at her and she sent them an awkward smile.
"I can't thank you guys enough for what you have done for me today. Not just today, the whole time I've known you, so yeah."

"Of course El, we love you." Michael said from the top of the stairs.

The word scared her. It had so much meaning but drifted from his lips as if it was nothing. Such a strong word should not be thrown around, the word just seems to have less and less meaning every time it is repeated.

"Thank you guys, I'm gonna head home, I'll uh see you soon." She murmured. She began walking out the door as all the guys waved her goodbye, but she felt a tug on her wrist.

"Is it okay if I come over tomorrow, I have something to drop off." Ashton mused with a smile.

"Of course. You're always welcome." She replied and he let go of her wrist.