veintidos//➳elodie

5:48pm

She couldn't help but look down at her watch several times a minute, think that an hour had gone past each time. Time just decided to pass ever so slowly today, and when normally, she would in fact get down on her knees and beg Bertha to let her stay a while longer, today was just not the case.

Her job was her main priority in life but right now, work was coming second. Just yesterday, her stepbrother had come all the way from America to visit her, on her birthday and here she was, almost six in the evening on her birthday, working, and she hadn't yet seen him.

She was currently in the kitchen with Harry. They were baking a batch of cupcakes that were ordered for someone's birthday party, and were needed ASAP, by 6:30pm to be exact. The only thing that came to mind when she heard the order was, someone has the same birthday as me!

A buzzing sound came from the counter, she adverted her attention to the two phones that were placed next to each other-as they always were-and looked over to the source of the sound.

"Harry, I think your p-" she was cut off with Harry leaping past her as he stretched his arm out to reach for the phone. Once it was in his hands and Elodie recovered from shock of the moment, he unlocked his phone. His eyebrows creased at something the screen displayed-most likely a text-and looked over to Elodie, before typing a quick reply.

"Who was it?" she asked, grabbing the ingredients for the cake mix.

Harry's phone buzzed again and he put a finger up in her direction, telling her to wait a second. His eyebrows creased once again, before he shrugged to no one in particular before turning off his phone and slipping it in his pocket.

"Just my mum, let's get these cakes started!"

After grabbing all the mixture together and placing it into a large bowl, they were just about ready to stir the mixture when it all decided to go wrong.

"El! Can you pass me the su-crap!"

The sound of clattering kitchen utensils filled the empty bakery as Harry stood next to her, red velvet mix all over the floor, and some on his apron, but most of it on Elodie. She stood in shock, it was like the mixture had decided to completely miss her apron, because it got on every area the apron wasn't protecting.

"Oopsie Daisy." Harry mumbled, trying not to laugh. Elodie began slowly shaking the excess off of her clothing as she tried to stop herself from ripping Harry's curls out.

"Really Harry?" she cried out, grabbing a kitchen towel from the little cupboard under the counter.

Harry shrugged slightly, mumbling apologies under his breath.

"We need to get these cakes done." She groaned, pushing herself up off of the floor.

Harry's eyes widened, "look, El, I really need to leave..." he trailed off, shifting his weight from foot to foot.

"Why the hell do you need to leave?! My stepbrother is in town and I haven't even seen him yet, not to mention it's my birthday! I think I should be the one leaving here!" she shouted, clearly very frustrated. She realised that she sounded unbelievably snotty and selfish but she had just had enough of all the stuff that had been going lately and she just really wanted it all to end.

Harry held up his hands in surrender, Elodie was pretty scary when she wanted to be. He bit his lip-obviously thinking of an excuse to leave, but our dear Elodie is too naïve to think differently-and sighed, "it was my mum who texted. She told me to get home right now and skype her, it's really important and she needs to tell me now." he explained.