cinqo//➳ash

Ash's phone buzzed on his bedside table, indicating he got a text.

Ash himself was rolled up in his comforter or as he called it, 'in a burrito of sadness.'

Ashton never really got sad, he was usually the happy member of the band, always smiling and giggling, always making others happy.

But today, Ashton was really sad.

You're probably thinking, why the hell is he sad? Well it's kinda obvious. It's Elodie.

He really liked Elodie and I mean really liked her. Ashton had only ever felt this way about one person before, so he was kinda scared about this feeling.

Once he had finally untangled himself from his comforter he reached over to grab his phone and checked his messages.

5:26pm

----

From: unknown number

Hey Ash it's Dakota, I know it's weird to text you but I'm coming to your concert Friday and I just wanted to let you know, I have something really important to tell you.

I'll see you Friday.

----

Ashton dropped his phone, right there and then, Dakota had texted him, Dakota. His first love and first time for everything, he loved her so much it was dangerous, so he couldn't just ignore her.

Ashton began to think of the possibilities of why she wanted to talk to him, maybe she wanted to get back together? That would be amazing. Ash missed her with a passion. Dakota had never told Ash why she had left him to cry for weeks and weeks mourning her disappearance, Ashton wouldn't even touch his drum kit, let alone perform.

That was a dark period of Ashton's life, he was so unbelievably in love with Dakota that she was like air to him, he simply couldn't live without her.

Ashton suddenly forgot all about Elodie and began thinking of ways he could speak to Dakota and tell her how much he had missed her and how they would get married, have kids maybe even have a little farm with some pigs.

While Ashton was away in his own thoughts he heard the front door slam and a loud cheer. Ash hopped out of bed and padded down the stairs to the entrance of the house to where whoever had just entered was having a personal dance party.

The person couldn't dance, so it was obviously Michael.

"Why are you so happy?" Ash asked raising an eyebrow.

Michael stopped dancing and looked at Ash with a smirk on his face.

"If you must know, I took the hot girl from the bakery on a date." Michael stated smugly. The words hit Ashton pretty hard, but not really as hard as he thought they would, now that Dakota was back he had someone and he wouldn't be alone, so he could genuinly be happy for Michael nd Elodie.

"That's so great man! I know how much you like her," Ashton chuckled, his mood had completely turned around, even though really deep down he was wounded by the fact that Michael had taken Elodie out, but he made sure to hide that.

The two boys made their way into the kitchen, Michael rambling about how cute and sweet Elodie was. Ash tried his best to block Mike's words out so he wouldn't let Elodie take over his thoughts again without making it seem like he wasn't listening, but that clearly failed.

"Are you even listening to me?" Michael snapped. The purple haired boy hated when people didn't listen to him when he was talking, especially when he was trying to brag about girls.

"Yeah of course I am!" Ash defended, "I just have alot on my mind at the moment..." He trailed off, trying to indicate that he didn't want to talk about it.

Mike was a good friend. He alway cared when one of his mates was sad or stressed out, he was always there to help or cheer them up.

"What's on your mind bro?" Michael asked, "Clifford the big red dog is here to help." he added trying to lift the mood as it had suddenly gotten a bit awkward.

Ashton sighed and thought about whether he should tell him about Dakota or not. Michael was always the closest with Dakota out of all the boys besides Ashton, so he knew he could trust Mike with this.

"Dakota's back."

Ash noticed that the colour in Michael's face had drained. Even though Michael was pale you could always tell when he was shocked, scared or worried about something. Ashton tried to ignore the fact that Michael's facial exprsion had suddenly changed and the fact that his hands wouldn't stop trembling.

"Wh-wh-what?" Michael choked out. This really scared Ashton, had something happened between Mike and Dakota in the past? Because if so, he needed to know.

"Dakota's back." Ashton repated, "she texted me, telling me that she needed to talk to me and that she is coming to our gig this Friday."

Michael's breath hitched in fear,

"I don't think that's a very good idea." Michael whispered.

Ashton couldn't take this anymore, why couldn't anyone let him be happy? Back when him and Dakota were together all the boys wouldn't stop warning him about her and that she was always acting shady, which was parcially true, Dakota had always been a little secretive since day one, but Ash never thought that was a problem.

Ashton slammed his hands on the kitchen counter and looked into Michael's eyes wich were full of fear.

"WHY THE HELL WON'T YOU LET ME BE HAPPY!" He yelled in the pale boy's face, "I LISTEN YOU TALK ABOUT YOUR GIRL ALL THE TIME WHY WON'T YOU JUST SUPPORT ME!" Ashton roared before stomping out of the kitchen, slamming the door behind him.

----

A/N

drama drama drama

check out my new story controversy, its a michael fanfiction and ill be starting it as soon as im like half way through this story. #selfpromo

what do you think michael is hiding?

-Ronnie xx