XIX.

Lloyd's POV

Things started to get, how do I say this...weird? The mission took a few hours to finish but we, actually there was this Samurai dude who did way better than us, and knocked us out! I don't know of he's friend or foe now, but the others hate him from stealing their thunder. Also Kai got hit by a weird snake called Venomari, which Kai mentioned before the mission, that apparently made him hallucinate. I know, it sounds dumber then I put it as. He was saying strange stuff like 'The ginger bread men are gonna eat me" or "candy canes are just red and white guns that elves use" which is hilarious to Jay. But I have to admit, his eyes never looked more beautiful and creepy then ever. Wait, no, I meant just creepy! Creepy. They're not beautiful, with they're lime green irises glittering in the light and-shut up Lloyd! You're doing it again! You can't keep thinking about him like that, he's your best friend!

"Hey, you ok?" Cole asked me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

We all were now in the school gym, setting up for Zane's party. We even got all the students Zane knew to help and wow, our little Zane was popular. But, since Kai kept panicking and getting in the way, Nya and Jay walked him to the 'bathroom' as in, they're gonna lock him in a janitors closet until they made an antidote. I feel bad about it, but we'll let him out soon.

I nodded "Yeah, just thinking." I looked around, the room was really coming together with all the light blue and white streamers and balloons "This place already looks great."

"Yeah, it's almost time for us to pick up Icicle. I can't wait to see his face." Cole chuckled, taking his hand off my shoulder.

I chuckled, and fiddled with my necklace Kai gave me "Yeah, he better appreciate all the hard work we're doing around here."

"It's Zane, Lloyd. He says thank you's all day if you do something useless like open his locker." Cole chuckled.

I laughed "Yeah, he would. That's why he needs to be appreciated."

Nya and Jay walked back in, straight to us "Ok, so we gave Kai the antidote but he's unconscious so we just took him to the nurse." Jay explained, rushing to hold Cole's hand "We left him a note to come to the gym when he wakes up."

"The party is almost done. You and Cole should get going." I smiled "Me and Nya got it from here."

Nya grinned "Yeah. Just a few more balloons and streamers and we're done. And I'll make sure Lloyd doesn't eat all the snacks."

I dramtically took in a gasp "Excuse you! I can control myself way better then you can!"

Nya scoffed as Jay and Cole laughed "Yeah right." Nya said.

"Ok you two. Stop acting like the twins." Jay snickered "Anyway. We should get going."

"Gather everyone else and we'll keep you updated." Cole said and I nodded, watching the two love birds walk off.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Normal POV

Zane sighed softly as his back hit the wall behind him, a photo book in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. His father, or rather adoptive father, gave him the photo book before he went out to work. It was a picture of him and his original creator together, smiling joyfully with Zane's bird on his shoulder. His adoptive father found it the day he found Zane in the woods all alone.

"I wish I could've done more to save you." Zane croaked, running a finger on the old picture of his father "You could've been alive."

A knock came from Zane's door, causing him to jump slightly. He placed his picture in his vest and rushed to open the door, only to find his two best friends standing there.