III.

The bell rung, meaning it was time for first lunch. Lloyd was at his locker, checking his phone before grabbing his lunch and closing it, but jumped slightly. Kai was standing their with a wide smile and a cupcake, a single candle lit up on top.

"Blow out the candle, birthday boy." Kai grinned

"Awww, Kai, you didn't have to do this." Lloyd said, touched deeply by the action.

"Oh hush, its your birthday." Kai said and held the cupcake closer to Lloyd "Blow it out and make a wish."

Lloyd giggled and gently blew on the burning candle, silently making a wish in his head. Kai smiled wider and handed Lloyd the cupcake. Lloyd took out the candle and tucked it in his pocket for later, enjoying the desert ad he and Kai walked to the cafeteria.

"So what other surprises do you have for my birthday?" Lloyd asked, licking some frosting off his lip.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?" Kai chuckled

Lloyd chuckled but suddenly stoped. He stood still, gapping from the sudden and sharp pain in his head. He groaned loudly, dropping the cupcake to grip his head. Kai was at his side immediately, gripping his shoulders.

"Lloyd? Lloyd, what's wrong?!" Kai said in deep concern.

"I-I don't...know." Lloyd whined painfully.

Lloyd suddenly gasped, standing up straight as his green eyes were completely replaced with blank, white glowing ones. Kai stepped back, shocked, and quickly texted in their group chat to meet him in the hallway, now.

It was dark, a scary kind of dark. Lloyd became confused, and even more confused when he heard someone crying. He touched his cheek, salty wet tears rolling down his pale skin. Soon there was light, and a smooth and gently voice.

"Shhhh, don't cry sweet heart. Mommy's here. Don't cry."

It sounded like his mother. The picture came to be very clear. It was a strange room with candles, and Lloyd was in a crib, but now being cradled by a younger version of his mother.

"Misako, is Lloyd awake?" His uncle, Wu, said as he came in the room.

Now Lloyd was beyond confused. What was going on? Was this some kind of memory? In the middle of the day? Was he asleep? Why was he a baby? Why were his mother and uncle here?

Misako smiled "Yes, poor little baby must've had a nightmare again."

Wu shook his head "He misses his father very much. I knew we shouldn't have let him be there at the ceremony of his father's banishment to the Underworld."

...What?

Misako sighed "I know you meant well, but he had to see his father one last time."

Lloyd gasped sharply, panting quickly and heavily for the need of air. There was someone rubbing his back and walking to him, but he didn't care who it was. He blinked, to clear his vision, but it was blocked with tears. Lloyd didn't realize he was on his knees until he stood up and ran.

"Lloyd! Green bean, wait!"

Lloyd ignored the voices that called to him, and ran. He didn't know where he was running to, but he just had to get anyway but here.

Nothing made sense anymore. His dad was banishes to the Underworld? Why? For what? What could his father had possibly do to deserve that? And why did his mother lie to him? All his life, he thought his father was in jail but he wasn't. The only part that made sense, since his mother didn't let him visit his own father in prison.