VII.

"Wake up!"

The gang shot their eyes opened and shouted, still in their pajamas, and looked around startled. Kai chuckled, covering his mouth so he wouldn't burst out in laughter dressed in his red gi. Wu cleared his throat, and Kai stood up straight with a serious look on his face.

"Good morning." Wu smiled

"What...what time is it?" Jay yawned, leaning on Cole who was struggling not to fall asleep.

"4am."

"WHAT?!" The gang exclaimed

"I told you guys, bright and early." Kai shrugged

"You didn't mean this early." Nya groaned

"Can we at least sit down. I'm tired." Lloyd whined.

"No. You will all be learning the basics this morning before school. I have alerted your guardians so they wouldn't worry. You all will come here straight after school everyday." Wu said, smiling "I will be teaching all of you, but Kai will be teaching Lloyd seperately.

"W-Why?" Lloyd asked, blushing.

"I can not teach all of you and train you to be the green ninja, so I assigned Kai to help you train."

Kai and Lloyd made eye contact, but looking away bashfully and blushed "Okay." The two said in unison.

"You all will approach me as Sensei Wu or Master, understand? Early sunrise training will start on weekends and you will all be here until 6."

"Uggggh." Cole groaned, leaning on Zane.

"Come on guys, its not that bad. At least you won't be late for school." Kai smiled

"Shut up Kai. You've been doing this forever. We only started today." Jay muttered, making Kai snicker.

"Oh please motermouth, your just lazy. It'll get easier, I promise." Kai smiled and looked over to Lloyd "Come Lloyd. We're gonna train inside today."

Lloyd pumped his fist in the air and shouted "Yes! No bright light and no brutal training."

Kai chuckled and grabbed Lloyd's hand, tugging him towards the door "I didn't say that Lloydie. Yours will be much worse. Now come."

Lloyd gulped and turned to the others in horror 'Help me!'

The four teenagers chuckled and waved at Lloyd, who shook his head and turned back to Kai. The two disappeared back in the monastary just as Wu began talking.

"Now, students, we will start the morning with a few exercises and then a jog." Wu explained

"Huh, that doesn't sound so hard." Jay shrugged, the others nodding in agreement.

"Really? Then Jay, would you like to lead us on a jog around the monastary?"

Jay's jaw dropped "Say what?! This place is huge! How are we suppose to jog around this."

"Just like you all will be dodging the traps I've planted to make this interesting." Wu said, using his bo staff to poke Jay in the chest "You all are to soft, so I will sharpen you. Master sharpens student like brother sharpens brother."

"And sister." Nya grinned

Wu nodded and stroked his beard "Why yes Nya, and sister. Now, off you go. The sooner you go, the sooner it will be over. But," Wu spun his bo staff and slammed it to the ground "You will not take no breaks until you have all complete it perfectly."

The four teens groaned loudly "I hope Lloyd is suffering like we are." Jay grumbled

🌸🌸🌸🌸