VIII

Lloyd ran. He ran down the streets with trickles of sweat running down his face. He looked back and saw nothing. Darkness was corrupting everything in its path, and was about to swallow Lloyd up in whole. That's when Lloyd saw him. A man with skin as pure as the darkness eating away Ninjago, and four arms instead of two were attached to his body. He wore a dark purple rob with a dark red belt around it to keep it close.

Garmadon.

How did Lloyd know it was him? Well, lets just say, he had that feeling. He knew it was his father just by looking the monster straight in his bloody eyes.

Lloyd didn't know he stopped running until he felt a cold wind down his spine, and he was leaning over a ledge. Ninjago was filled in darkness, people were turned to gray statues, their faces filled with horro and tears. His heart quicken, and he was unable to catch his breath. It was sickening. Seeing his father laugh with his sharp teeth at Lloyd. He wasn't the same anymore. This, this monster wasn't his father at all.

Lloyd shook his head. What was he saying? This was the same man who left to give him and his mother safety. The same man who played with Lloyd and changed his diapers when his mother wasn't home.

"Dad!" Lloyd yelled, stepping forward.

Lloyd screamed loudly as he fell forward into the darkness, calling out to his father to save him. But all Garmadon did was look down at him with a wide smirk.

"LLOYD! WAKE UP!"

Lloyd shrieked and gasped, shooting up from his bed, sweat and small tears tricked down his face. Kai was holding his shoulder steadily with Nya by his side, the Smith siblings looking at the blonde in concern.

"Your awake." Kai said in relief, pulling Lloyd into a soft and quick hug before pulling away "Are you okay?"

"We heard you screaming all the way from outside." Nya added, sitting next to Lloyd.

Lloyd wiped his face with his arms and nodded "Y-Yeah. I'm fine, really guys. Just a stupid nightmare."

"Wanna talk about it?" Kai said softly, putting a hand on Lloyd's lap.

Lloyd blushed at the action and shook his head "Not right now. We have school today and uncle's training."

Kai and Nya glanced at each other and then at Lloyd "Lloyd, we can be late. You know you can tell us anything." Nya said with a gentle smile.

Lloyd tried his hardest to return the smile, but he found it hard to even look at the Smith twins without thinking of his nightmare. It was still fresh in his mind, imprinted deeply in his brain. He couldn't blink it away like he did with his thoughts. His fathers face was all he could focus on as he fell into the dark abyss.

Lloyd shivered and shook his head "I'm fine guys, really, can we just drop it."

Kai sighed softly and ran a hand through his spiky hair "Alright, but we are going to talk about this today, Lloyd Montermy Garmadon." And with that, Kai walked away.

Lloyd flinched, but Nya put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down "Don't mind him. You know he's just worried about you."

"I know, but I feel like he's not telling me-us, something. He's been on the edge lately and he's always worried about me."

Nya shrugged "We've all been on the edge lately since training started three weeks ago. But, you have been acting weird, especially around Kai."

Lloyd raised his eyebrow "What do you mean?"