Chapter 77: A Captured Heart

I walked into the cafe, taking a deep breath. I spotted Keith, sitting with a cup of coffee in his hand. I frowned as I realized the cup was near empty. Was he early? He was sitting on the opposite end of the cafeteria, far away from the stage. His eyes met mine, and I smiled, waving.

He stood up and waved back, and I joined him. He pulled up a chair for me.

"Oh, thank you," I said as I took a seat and he quickly took his own seat.

"I ordered coffee for you...they'll be making it now...I think," Keith glanced at the new waiter who was serving everyone. 

"Thank you," I said and took a deep breath. Keith tapped against the table, then looked up at me.

"About last night..."

"Yes..." I whispered, nervously. 

Keith raised his brows then lowered it. "Well, it didn't quite go as I had thought it would..."

"No kidding,"

"But something may have gone right...at the same time...if you get what I'm saying?"

"I think so..."

Keith sighed. "Dang, it why is this so hard?" He rubbed his face and took another deep breath. "Agnus...that kiss...was it, because of the moment or...was it because...well..because..."

I bit my lip and tapped the table. "I liked you?"

"Yeah..." Keith spoke. He rubbed his hair again and stared at me intently. "What was the meaning behind it?"

Wow. I did not expect that question. But it was fair that he asked it. However, just like him, I was nervous, vulnerable. Scared as hell. I did not want to lose my friend, but at the same time, if I didn't tell him. It would kill me. Slowly.

"Keith, I think I am in love with you..." I took a deep breath. "I think I have fallen for you...really very hard...and a big part of me is hoping that you feel the same."

Keith's eyes widened and he shook his head. "How on earth is this possible?"

"Why do you ask that?" I asked with a frown.

"Agnus, I've liked you since the day you knocked me out..."

I laughed and covered my face at this.

"I liked you when you started working at the Candy Store...and your smile just lit up my entire day.."

"You don't mean that..."

"But I do," Keith spoke. He climbed off his chair and knelt beside me. He gripped my hand and held it tight. "Agnus, I liked you when you purchased that yellow ducky for that swimming pool...and truth be told? I carried it in my pocket that whole party through."

I laughed at this, tears forming in my eyes. Was this actually happening?

"Agnus, I liked you when you offered me your jacket when I was freezing,"

I smiled so broadly that my cheeks hurt at that.

"And Agnus, I loved you, when you refused to leave me alone at the lake, and accepted me in my weakest moment..."

I burst into tears as he said that.  I took his hand with my other and smiled. "Keith, I really liked you when you accepted me, Tinkerbell PJ's messy hair and all...would you be my Peter Pan? Because you make me really happy."

Keith laughed at this and smiled. 

"And I loved you, the moment you stood at my door, refusing to let me out because I was still in my pyjamas...and you saw right through me. I loved you, because you were there for me, in my weakest moment. It just took me a while longer to realize that. But you have captured my heart...Keith Rondo. Don't you forget that..."

Keith nodded. His head shot to the window. "Do you trust me?"

I nodded, and he leads me outside. I gasped as raindrops fell on my face. I had not even realized it was raining. "Are you crazy?" I asked him as he leads me down the street.  Finally, he stopped, and I realized we were in a well-lit park. People were scrambling left and right to get out of the rain. However, Keith and I remained frozen in this spot. 

I stared at Keith's soaked face, and he was laughing. "This was a heck of a lot colder than I expected."

"That's the problem with winter rain!"

Keith smiled and shook his head. He leaned down and sparks ignited as he kissed me again. My heart raced, as he pressed his lips firmly against mine. I could hardly believe what was happening. He was mine, and I was his. I had no doubts. No uncertainties. No fears. I knew my heart was safe with him, and I sure as hell would make sure his heart would be safe with me. As he pressed hard, and I wrapped my arms around him, everything was bliss. I gasped as Keith lifted me up and spun me around before putting me down. His hair and face were thoroughly soaked, but I leaned in for another kiss.

However, that was soon broken up.

"Dang it, this is so cold..."

"Wanna go back inside?" I asked him.

"Yeah," Keith spoke. He took my hand and we walked side by side in the rain, back to the cafeteria. We stopped, however, as the rain suddenly slowed and came to a halt. 

We looked up at the clouds that were breaking up, showing the stars.

"Want to go to the second star to the right, straight up till morning?" Keith asked and I laughed.

"You bet Candy boy,"