Chapter 73: Shopping The Day Away

My mom drove me to the mall. It was just a few days before the Masquerade, and I organized a day off from work so that I could go shopping. Keith had evidently organized the day of the ball and after the ball off for both of us as well. I guess it was one advantage of working for a family member.

I squealed in excitement. My dad was home this afternoon to baby-sit Mila while my mom and I met up with some friends to get a dress. Ellie was going to be there, and so was Lisa and Cara, who insisted to help me out the moment they found out about it.

I jumped out of the car and my mom followed. I spotted Ellie waiting at the door. She and I hugged tightly, and walked inside the mall. Lisa and Cara were browsing from the windows.

"Mom, this is Lisa and Cara..." I introduced my mom. She smiled warmly at them.

"You ready to turn my daughter into a princess?" she asked them and they nodded.

"Me too hey," Ellie  teased. "Or are we going for Princess and the Pauper?"

Lisa and Cara laughed at this. "Of course...it's going to be so fun!

Two hours passed. Ellie and I were swamped by Lisa and Cara passing dresses to us. However, none of them quite worked. We swapped shops multiple times. My mom was the official camera woman. Snapping pictures every moment. We paused to get ice cream and then carried on.

"Come on!" Lisa insisted as she passed me this dress. "With this mask, it'll be perfect."

"It's too expensive!" I said and shook my head. Ellie grabbed the price tag and checked it. "This dress is for you, girl. I'll happily help pay...consider it an early birthday gift." My mom checked the tag and raised her brow. 

"Are you sure honey?"

"No, I can't..."

"Girl," Cara spoke loudly. "You are wearing this dress....I will even help pay."

"Me too," Lisa added. "Please, just try."

I sighed, knowing that I probably was not going to win this fight. I took the dress and put it on. I gasped in delight. It was true and stunning. I walked out of the fitting section. Lisa and Cara squealed and Ellie was clapping her hands. My mom was snapping photos left and right.

"This was made for you!" Lisa squealed. "And With Keith's outfit...."

"Wait, you know how Keith's outfit?" Cara  asked. "Details!!"

Ellie laughed and squeezed my hand. "Keith huh?"

"Yeah..." I whispered softly. "I hope Evan won't be having too much of an issue."

"He invited Sally to go with...to make you jealous, obviously, but now I think it may be the opposite...he should behave though," Ellie shrugged. "Besides, it's a masquerade, won't be recognising anyone right?"

"Right," I agreed, and sorely hoped what Ellie said was true. "Now, we have my dress....time to find yours."

I got back into my normal clothes, and purchased my outfit. Indeed, both Ellie, Lisa, and Cara pitched in to pay. It turned into a group effort to find Ellie's dress. Eventually we found her perfect dress. By the time I got home, I was exhausted. I was beyond excited. It felt like all of this was going to be such a fairy tale. Cara, Lisa and Ellie agreed to meet up at my house to get ready. It would have been cooler to do it at Ellie's house. However, I was avoiding Evan as far as possible, and so it was decided my place was better.

Just four days to go.