Chapter 64: Help! Homework Alert!

"Whyyy meeeeeeeee," I cried out and slammed my pen down onto my book. The pen jumped straight up with the impact and slammed in my face. Did I seriously just get stabbed by my own pen?

I rubbed my forehead and sighed. I was home, it was the weekend, and so far things have been more of less quiet. Which was so strange for me, but also wonderful. I had agreed to meet up with Cara and Lisa tomorrow for a picnic, and had a jog session with Keith on Thursday and Friday. After Evan's musical attempt, he's been sticking with his friends. However, I sense another scheme brooding. He wasn't about to give up.

A part of me wanted him too, but another part of me didn't want him to stop either. I was the butt of so many gossips and secrets due to jealous ex's, but considering most of my true friends were outside of school, it did not bug me so much.

But now I was yet again stuck with an English essay, and writer's block is a serious piece of garbage....it was building a barricade in my brain, and I just could not get anything out.

I grabbed my phone, propped my books and pens into my bag and walked downstairs. My dad was at work for an emergency, and this time I actually believed him. He was home every evening for dinner, and even picked me up at school twice. It was just my mom and Mila.

"Hey, mom... so, I kind of need a favour..." I started, and my mom raised her brow.

"I kind of want to visit Keith at the Candy Store...I have some English problems...."

"You want me to drive you there?"

I nodded, and my mom smiled. "We're taking your little sister, and you are getting her something."

"Sure," I said and grinned. Mila squealed, and I knew she was eavesdropping. It took us five minutes to get everything locked up and ready. We climbed in the car, and Mila was singing to every possible song on the radio.

It didn't take too long, and I hopped out of the vehicle. I walked into the shop with Mila at my side.

"Wow...so much candy!" Mila squealed. "How did you not eat everything!?"

"Because then I would be fat..." I responded.

"And this voice I could recognize from anywhere," Keith appeared. Mila squealed again and ran up to Keith. He bent down to hug her, and picked her up. "Such a wonderful surprise to see you munchkin...."

I grinned as Mila was just beaming.

My mom walked inside. "Come on Mila, let's browse a little."

Keith put Mila down and shoved his hands into his pockets. "So what is this surprise?"

I lifted my bag, and Keith chuckled. "Homework trouble? You could have called."

"Yeah, no, it's not the same...besides, it's a Saturday morning, real quiet...and real boring..." I said. "I did work here once upon a time you know?"

"Ah, right," Keith winked and slapped his forehead mockingly. "How did that slip my mind?"

"So...enjoying your weekend?"

"Well, it just got a whole lot better, an my grandmother is coming to visit us on Sunday so..."

"Oh, please send her my love, she's such a sweetheart..."

"Who sweetly spills every secret she knows about me..." Keith responded, but smiled. "I most certainly will. Now, what English foe do you have for me to fight?"

"Analysis..."

"Ah, those...they are certainly vicious..." I showed Keith my notes, and we spent the next ten minutes discussing it. Every now and then, as a  customer walked in, Keith helped them out and returned to help me. Soon the whole matter was resolved.

"There you go..."

"You are a life-saver..."

"I am your homework ninja..."

"Exactly," I laughed. "Well, I better go, before Mila buys your entire store out...but it was really good to see you."

"Yeah, I miss working with you," Keith said. "So, come back with homework problems any time."

"I'm sure she most certainly will," my mom said and winked at me.

"Mooom," I whispered. I payed for the candy Mila wanted and we left. I turned and waved at Keith from the outside of the candy store, and he waved back.

A big part of me wanted to ask for my job back. The biggest problem would be to convince my mom that is was safe enough. That was not going to happen so easily. But at least I got to see him

That counted for a lot.