Chapter 41: And Here's To Being A Terrible Bowler

I passed the third tissue to Ellie. To say she's been in a bad mood since yesterday was an understatement. She literally managed to chase Evan out of a room mad. However, when I told her exactly what happened, she believed me. 

"From here on out, let's make a pact...never to date jerks!" Ellie pronounced. I laughed.

"That's a little problem, considering I'm dating your brother,"

"Then I make a pact with myself...can I do that?" Ellie sat down. We were outside, and school had just come to an end, but we had a little get-together, before I left for the mall. Mr Rogers was picking me up, and my mother was thrilled at the thought that I was going to make a few more friends. She forced me out of the door almost when I mentioned it. 

"I think you can," I said. I leaned in to hug Ellie, and she sighed. "I'm so glad to have you..."

"Well, me too," I said and Ellie sighed. 

"I mean, many of my other friends are dating, and others well, they steer clear of me because of my brother...I mean, he did stop the bullying, but this was one of the painful drawbacks," Ellie sighed. "Which is why I am so glad you are dating him."

I laughed. "Yeah, but even if I wasn't...you were the first one to welcome me to this school...that really counts for something."

Ellie nodded, and she looked up. "Oh, Evan is at the car...coming?"

"Actually, I'm going bowling with Keith and some of his pals..."

"Oh?" Ellie smiled. "You go enjoy that..."

"I will do my best," I said. I watched as Ellie ran off and smiled. She was such a good friend to me. She did not deserve such treatment from Tyler. He manipulated her, and after Saturday, his intentions were crystal clear. He may have been drunk then, but it certainly made him more honest.

One hour later, Mr Rogers dropped me off at the mall. "You sure you know the way?"

"Yeah, I've been here before, thank you so much for the lift, sir," I said and Mr Rogers shrugged.

"Anything for Keith's friend...trust me, he misses you at work," Mr Rogers spoke, and I nodded.

"I miss working there,"  I waved goodbye and walked inside. It wasn't too busy, considering it was a weekday afternoon. I made my way to the Arcade, where the bowling alley was situated.

"Agnus?"

I turned and frowned and a girl with a smaller frame and pixie cut approached me. "Hey, you must be Agnus...I'm Cara...Keith asked me if you came before he returned for me to bring you to the group...wow, you're as pretty as he describes..."

"Wait, what, he's been talking about me?"

Cara nodded and smiled. "All good things though," she winked. "Nice to meet you..."

"Same," I said and smiled back. Cara nodded her head. She had perfect winged eyeliner and bright blue eyes. She motioned me to follow her, and we headed inside the Arcade.

It was loud, reeked of oil, popcorn, drinks and more. The machines flashed many lights, and it was all rather bizarre. Cara led me to a quieter corner, where and I saw the bowling alley. There was a group waiting, and I took a moment to study them all.

It was a mix between guys and girls, most of them my age. I noticed one of the guys had a bright red-hair, and wore a sport jacket the same at our school. He was one of the jocks. Next to him was a girl with afro hair, styled leather jacket and jeans. Another was a guy slightly pudgier, but a grin so wide it was contagious.