29

AFTER months of preparation here I am standing in front of a full-length mirror admiring how perfectly the wedding gown hugs my body.

"You are so beautiful" I smiled at the man who enters the door.

"Dad" bati ko dito bago ito mahigpit na niyakap.

"I am so proud of you" saad nito bago hinalikan ang aking noo.

My eyes watered because of what he said. We've come a long way. Dati hindi ko sya magawang titigan. I know that he is my biological father and I indeed searched for him, but when I saw him happy with his new family, I just lost it.

Yes, he accepts me as his daughter. He recognized me the moment he laid his eyes on me, saying how he tried his best to find me, but I guess its not enough, because in the end he did not found me, it is I who found him.

But I already accepted my past. I made peace with it. Its not easy, but Trevor is with me, and its more than enough.

"Cous!" napalingon ako ng marinig ko ang makabasag pinggang tili ng pinsan ko.

"Troy!" agad ko itong pinaghahampas nang makalapit ito sa akin.

"Excuse us Tito Drake" magalang na saad nito sa aking tatay

Tumawa lang si Dad bago ito tuluyang lumabas ng kuwarto.

"Bakit ngayon ka kang nagpakita? Pasalamat ka pinadalhan pa kita ng invitation"

"Parang di ka na nasanay sa akin. Baka nakakalimutan mong 5 taon din ako nag-stay sa Canada dahil sayo. At dahil sayo nasira ang travel plan ko" natawa na lang ako ng tarayan ako nito. Nang magkakilala kami he was so fascinated with having a cousin as nice as me. He always said that his other cousin is so bad that he ended up not talking to them. So he just made me his roomate for 5 years, helping me with establishing my own business.

Well its true, Troy is the gay version of Dora. He loves traveling. Pero hindi basta basta ang mga pinupuntahan nya dahil he wants to live in a country that he's visiting like a local. So maybe that's the reason why I haven't heared from him for a very long time.

"O sya sige na, Its time to walk down the my dear cousin"

___

"HERE we go" I look at my daughter beside me. She is the one who's going to walk me down the aisle.

As the music starts playing, slowly we started walking. I smiled as look around and saw that everyone in my family is present. But when I look in front everything and everyone fades away. Its like the two of us is the only person in the world.

I can't stop the tears that falls down as I recall everything that happens in my life.

"I love you" he mouthed while wiping his tears.

"As I love you"

He holds my hand the moment I got near him. He also kiss Stacey's cheek before bumping their fist and making an explosion. I rolled my eyes because of their antics.

The ceremony started and I didn't understand anything because of Trevor's unending games. He kept on playing with my fingers and kissing the back of my hand, I just laugh at him because I know that he is nervous, well so do I.

Now its time for the vow.

"Trevor, the moment you barged into my office I know that you're going to be an important part of my life. I was afraid of effects to me, so I pushed you away, a lot of times and I regret it, so much. I don't know what I did to deserve someone as loving as you." I get the ring and slowly put it in his finger.

"I promise to hold you. To support you. To be always here for you. To comfort you when you're sad. To hug you when you're cold. And to always welcome you with open arms" I kiss his hand after that before wiping the tears from his face.

"Cassandra, my love, my starting and finish line. I have loved you ever since college. I was there when you found your happiness. I was there when you first learned what a heartbreak is. I was there with every milestone in your life, I know that I sound like a creepy stalker but that is just my way of keeping in touch with you. You don't know me, but was there for. And will always be here for you." he slowly put the ring on my finger

"I can't wait to make memories with you and Stacey. To have a family with you. I promise to hold you. To protect you. To comfort you when you're afraid and to always kiss you goodnight when we lay down in bed for the rest of our lives"

"By the power vested on me, I now pronounced you, husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride"

...and with that we sealed our promises with a kiss.