26

MULI kong tinapunan ng tingin ang lalaking kasalukuyang nagmamaktol habang nanonood kami ng isang romance movie. Kapansin-pansin din ang tila isang malaking itim na ulap na nakapalibot sa kanya.

A naughty idea came into my mind to atleast calm his beastmode nerves. Slowly I walk towards him and sat on his lap.

I cupped his face with my hands so that he'll looked at my eyes
"Is something bothering you?"

A sigh escaped from his mouth before answering me. "Its just that everything is so messed up. Naiinis ako kasi hindi natuloy yung date natin. I had everything planned out, but this rain just keeps getting on our way--"

I plant a soft kiss on his lips to cut him up. "A fancy date does not define a couple's relationship. In fact, we can still have our date here, in the comfort of our home. Alam ko na you have everything planned out, pero diba mas masaya kapag hindi planado ang isang bagay, mas exciting"

His eyes soften because of what I said. He caressed my face before uttering the words that once again brought the butterflies in my tummy to life. "I am so lucky to have you. You are so beautiful Cassandra. So damn, beautiful. And I will be damned if I will not have you for the rest of ourlives"

Napakunot ang noo ko dahil sa kanyang sinabi. His eyes even got red just by saying that. "Hey, tungkol parin ba sa date yung pinag-uusapan natin?" He made me stand up at doon ko naramdaman ang panlalamig at panginginig ng kanyang mga kamay

"Cassandra, my beautiful Cassandra. When I first laid my eyes on you, I know already that you are the me. You will be the one. It became my dream, my ultimate dream. But fate is not on my side, because he gave you to someone else, and its okay. I am perfectly fine with it, 'cause I saw how happy you are with him" he chukled softly

"Trev..."

"But fate indeed has a twisted mind, because he gave me a chance. One more shot, and this time I will not throw it the way I did way back then. This time, I'm going to fight. Come what may but I will never let go. This time, I will never let go" seriousness can be easily detected from his tone.

Tears started crawling on my face, and it became a sob when he slowly folded his left foot and kneel in front of me while holding a small box that contains the most beautiful ring that I've ever seen.

"Trevor..." I cover my mouth to stop myself from sobbing, but its no use. Tears is also visible from his eyes, and looks like anytime soon it will fall down.

"You will forever be Ace Dela Cruz runaway wife, that is one thing that I can never change. But will you stop running away now and give me the privilege of being your finish line?" a smile crept into my face as I wipe the tears that fall from his eyes.

He gently hold my hand before kissing the back of it. And while directly looking at me he asked the question that made my heart do a summersault. "Cassandra, will you marry me?"

Silence. I laughed inwardly when I notice his nervousness and the fear that is in his eyes. Does he really think I will not say yes?

"Yes, Trevor. Yes I will marry you" I answered him in between my sob.

His eyes widen as if not expecting that I will really answer 'yes'. I laugh at his cute antics. "Oh come on Mr. Fontanilla. Isusuot mo ba o hindi? Bahala ka baka magbago isip ko"

A glint of playfulness can be seen on his eyes, and I know that it mirrors mine. "Ito na po my Mrs. Fontanilla. Nanginginig pa" he said before slipping the ring on my finger.

"You're so beautiful, and you're mine" he muttered before claiming my lips into a very passionate kiss, and well, let's just say one thing leads to another.