Chapter 10 - The Party

"Ok, this looks fan-f**king-tastic but are you sure?" Mandy asked me while gazing at Blake's three storey mansion with admiration written all over her face.

"I think so..." I muttered distractedly, biting my bottom lip as I pondered the thought of going in. It wasn't terrible, But I still didn't think it was a good idea.

Was Blake always this random or what? Did he always invite people whom he barely knew to his parties?

Was Aaron some sort of weird psychic? or obsessed serial killer? Because the next logical step seems like a murder.

But then, it triggered the thought that maybe I was over thinking everything and going crazy.

Mandy sensed my confusion and bumped me with her shoulder in an attempt to cheer me up.

I tried to reason my way out of the situation but the curiosity and suspicions running inside my head, that made me come all the way here were silently whispering that some free drinks won't hurt.

I fingered a pepper-spray inside my jacket and began to think that perhaps I was getting a bit paranoid but still felt that it was better to be safe than sorry. In the end I pushed those troublesome thoughts aside and decided to go in.

Before I could reply, an attendant interrupt us. "Can I see your invites?"

"Erm..." The music was thumping in my chest as we stood in front of the main entrance.

"Your name?" He asks, checking off a clipboard.

"Kiara."

"Hastings?" I nodded, he looked at the guest list then ushered us in.

I blinked in awe and amazement at the boisterous scene in front of me.

Not only was the living space enormous, but, it very much resembled to a night club-an exclusive V.I.P night club, completed with the dark dance floor, illumintaed by neon strobe lights, a substantial bar and several cozy areas with comfy couches.

Half the people were dancing on a blaring variety of dance numbers and half were sitting down on the side. Pretty waitresses were walking around with drinks on trays.

The party was extravagant and wild, full of ritzy and modish high class party goers.

Mandy and I exchanged a look grinning at each other, secretly appreciating the fact that instead of wasting our saturday night, we decided to come here.

"Kiara!"

I looked around upon hearing my name and found myself facing the host of the party himself.

Blake stood before me with a smile spread across his handsome face and he wasn't alone. A stunningly beautiful blonde girl clad in a ruffle hem blue dress that very much matched with her sharp blue eyes stood beside him.

"Hey, I'm glad you could make it." Blake grinned in joy.

"Yeah..." I muttered awkwardly while Mandy nudged me lowly whispering 'hot'.

"This is Kiara." He said to the blonde with an oddly secretive tone and motioned towards me. The secretive look that they both exchanged didn't go unnoticed by me.

Her striking blue eyes examined me and I thought I detected a hint of amusement on her face, but it was gone as as soon as it came, as though I'd just imagine it.

"Hi." I smiled wryly.

No answer

Ooook!

I thought she wasn't going to reply but then she finally spoke up. "So you are Kiara."