67

Trouble At Towns Door

~~~

A/N: Hope you're all still safe <3

~~

( Daryl POV )

She did it again.

Went and got herself into danger for someone else.

Again and again and again

I felt myself clench my crossbow as I eyed the mysterious woman in the front seat of the car, after everything that had happened we were heading to get our people back from that place. A fucked up town. She didn't say much about that place Y/N had been taken too, but from her few words we could all tell it wasn't safe. Why else would she of run from that place. Why else would she come tell us if it was actually safe.

I sighed and looked out the window before I noticed the women motion for Rick to stop the car. We all watched as she opened the car door and stepped out, looking at the surrounding area,"They have patrols a bit more down this way. From here we're better off on foot."

With that news in mind me and Oscar got out of the back seat an started collecting our stuff , Rick followed in our step soon too but paused to stare at the sky. The sun was all the way up now, and soon it'd start going back down. "How far is it? It's gonna be night soon."

Me and Oscar opened up the trunk, I heard a walker walking behind us but none of us even cared to focus on it. I just shook my head in annoyance as the woman spoke again. Here eyes focused in on Rick as she fixed her weapon around her,"It's a mile, maybe two."

With that Rick rushed to the trunk and pulled out his stuff, Oscar kept his eyes on the walker while I waited for Rick to finish before closing the back of the car. With all of us ready we closed up the car and began our walk into the woods, the walker trying to get to us while we ignored its slow figure who was quickly left behind. Being out in the woods in this situation makes me think of when Y/N was missing with Sophia. So long ago

I sighed to myself as I walk side by side with Rick, the woman and Oscar leading the way. I was paying close attention to our trail, making sure we could find a way to sneak back if things went wrong. Like they always do. Rick's eyes kept moving back and forth from me and the trail until they finally stopped on me.

"You know, what you did for me." I looked at him for a second, and he turned his focus back on the woods now that he knew for sure I was listening. I just stayed silent waiting for him to continue. "For my baby while I was..working things out." I don't think I do too much. As we kept walking I looked at him just as he turned to look at me,"Thank you."

I nodded at him and we both focused back on the road,"It's what we do."

I couldn't help but twitch my head as I thought I'd heard something, but as we continued to walk forward nothing appeared. I shook my head until I heard it again and I placed my hand on Ricks shoulder,"Stop."

Rick instantly understood and stopped the other two,"Get down." We all crouched low to the ground only to see a bit ahead of us over a dozen walkers suddenly come from no where.

"Why are there so many?"

The woman sighed as she peeked at the walkers through the bushes,"It means we're close. They never get in but it's surrounded by em."

Rick made his way to the front of us and raised his weapon,"Alright, get into formation. And no gunfire."

~~