62

Trust Is Just Not Possible

~~~

A/N: Sorry

~~

( Your POV )

Sleeping was still basically impossible for me but I had to pretend or Daryl ,and sometimes Glenn ,would annoyingly tell me to sleep over and over and over again. It was cute but annoying. Usually I'd tell Rick to sleep while I kept watch even when Daryl would eventually bring me over to his spot to sleep. I just stayed laying against the stair railings and 'slept' sitting up on one of the stairs steps this time. Last night Glenn and Maggie snuck out of the cells ,ironically enough whispering about me not noticing. Why me? I had no clue and still don't. When morning came Rick was the first up, beginning to make plans of moving the vehicles inside of the prison gates, to which I unfortunately was sent out first as I had stayed on the stairs this time.

"My fault for being awake,"I shrugged to myself as I walked outside with both my poles in hand. Every so often I would clank them together, getting walkers attention before slashing off their heads and then stabbing through their foreheads.

Soon enough I heard footsteps coming outside, but I was more focused on killing the walkers than turning around to see who it was. It became obvious though as they spoke,"Why are you here alone?"

I turned around, ignoring the walker coming towards me as I looked at the closed gate to see Daryl leaning against it. His crossbow resting against his back along with arrows ready to kill. I sent him a smile before saying"Oh, finally awake sleepy head?" He just huffed at my comment as I turned away to kick at the walker behind me and then stabbed at its head. With any close ones now down I turned and jogged over to Daryl who had opened up the gate,"Rick sent me out to kill any remaining walkers, to make the car entrance easier." I pointed over to the gated pathway around the field,"I was gonna head out there too but all of those are already dead...I'm not curious to know why they're cut up."

He scratched the back of his neck,"It- that was Carol."

I raised my eyebrow and just stared at him,"Ya, I don't want to know."

He sent me a small smile and shook his head,"Never mind then."

~~~

A bit of time passed of me, Rick, Daryl, Carol and TDogg bringing in at least two to three cars. While TDogg had just finished bringing one in, Carol came in behind him on a truck and parked it in front of the gate. "Okay, let's get the other car in." I nodded and offered to go get it but Carol said she'd do it, she liked the feeling of driving. "We'll park em in the west entry of the yard."

"Good," I turned to look at Daryl who wrapped his arm around my waist,"Our vehicles camped out there looked like a 'vacancy' sign."

Rick nodded ,agreeing with him before looking around at the bodies," After that we need to load up these corpses so we can burn em."

I laughed a bit as I stared at the many scattered bodies, although I tried to attract them to me to kill them to lessen the mess, it was still a big field. "Sorry about that. If you want I'll start on that right now."

Daryl just squeezed his hand settled on my waist as Rick smiled,"I appreciate it and you don't need to do it alone."

"Is gonna be a long day,"TDogg groaned causing me to laugh.

Rick started looking around with his hand over his eyes to sheild from the morning sun,"Hey, where are Maggie and Glenn? We could really use some help right now."