1

Saving A Group Of Lives

~~

(Your POV)

~~~~

If I had to choose the worst things about being a zombie was how disgusting my skin became, the small hunger for raw meat every now and then,and finally how lifeless my eyes looked.I used to have (E/C) eyes , but whenever I came across my reflection I saw white ,glazed over orbs. The eyes of someone dead. Thankfully ,I found colored contact lenses that matched what I used to have and stuck them on my eye balls. Since I was basically dead keeping them in twenty-four seven didn't cause anything bad to happen to my eye sight, and it didn't hurt either.

I sighed as I kept walking down the street, my eyes trained on the ground .Being a walker ,though one that functions like a normal human, I could walk anywhere without being attacked. I had been in this city for the longest time, having come here once it was completely overrun with the dead. Although it upsets me at times being alone , it had always been better for me. Losing those I actually cared for made me want to avoid everyone to ever become attached again. I don't want to feel that again.

As I continued to walk in silence, a few walkers bumping shoulders with me, I suddenly heard a ringing followed by a gun going off. Much like those around me I stopped in my tracks and turned my attention towards the noise.I wonder, who could it be?

I turned into an alley to climb up and onto the roof of a building ,I began jumping from one to the other getting close enough to the noise. I noticed a man running into a store but he was too quick to note anything other than that. Walkers were slowly trailing in his direction. As a distraction I pulled out a grenade from my bag and threw it to the other side of the street.The second it went off the walkers attention on him halted as if it never existed. I killed off a few near the door before swinging towards the front with my grabbing hook.Putting it away I slowly walked into the store,cautious as I didn't see him right away. I had begun opening my mouth to speak when a gun was suddenly pointed at the back of my head,"I wouldn't pull the trigger."

"Y-you aren't one of them?"

I turned to see an a asian. He was a young adult,male,kinda scrawny looking,tired eyes,stressed out face. And very scared, I shook my head at the last thought as I answered him,"I don't think walkers can talk."

You're Lying Y/N.

He slowly put his gun down and sighed, "That explosion,it was you then." At my nod he smiled and stuck out his unoccupied hand,"Thanks, what's your name?"

I carefully placed my hand against his and shook it,his hand felt extremely warm against my freezing skin. I need to put my gloves on. I pulled away before he suspected anything of it. "I'm Y/N. And you?"

"The names Glenn, we should leave while they're still distracted,"I nodded as if going along with him.

I'll just help him out of the city then disappear back into it. I nodded to myself before thinking once more of the upside to being a zombie, roaming around wherever and whenever I wanted. " Why are you in the city. It's dangerous."

He gave me an awkward chuckle before stopping his walking and turning towards me,"I could say the same to you, but I do come and go from here. Getting supplies for my group from the shops."

He has a group? So there are still some alive around.. I only nodded in silence before continuing my walking. A few walkers had noticed us but I payed no mind to it. It was so normal for me to ignore them as they ignored me, but I forgot I was with a normal person for once. As I bumped shoulders with a walker by accident, I heard a gun go off behind me.My eyes widened as walkers began to notice us, even moving around corners to find us...