52

Family Is Weird

~~~

Photo Cred: Kate Jones Art

~~

( Shane POV )

~~~

Once we arrived back at the house, I was the first to get out with a slam of the door, I had lied to Lori to get that idiot to come back to safety but now that we were here my lie was surely gonna come up to bite me in the ass. Daryl and Y/N followed after me, with Daryl keeping one of his arms securely around her waist, I couldn't help but glare at him and he gladly returned it to me before looking away, Fucking redneck.

" Y/N we got to clean and patch up your head."

Y/N just looked at me confused before seeming to remember the injury she had gotten, her hand raised itself to the back of her head and for the first time I noticed her visibly flinch at the touch,"Oh, right. I can do it myself, I'll umm head inside now."

The two of them went completely ignored as they passed by everyone who had gathered around the car, Andrea was the first to hurry up when she noticed a disoriented Lori rub at her forehead as if in pain,"Oh my god, are you alright? What happened to you?"

"I was in an accident,"I quickly came over to help her walk just in case but she light pushed my hand away,"I'm fine I'm fine." I sighed at her actions, if Y/N wasn't there you'd be dead for being fucking stupid! "Nothing-"

"She was attacked."

"- I really am fine,"She tossed me glare as everyone became even more worried and began to crowd around her, I just turned and walked away to head towards the house, no way I was gonna leave Y/N alone with Daryl. Before I could get far enough away though Lori spoke the question I dreaded,"Where's Rick?" She got no answer straight away and she quickly looked at everyone face to see that none of them wanted to speak," They're not back?"

I wasn't even facing her but I could easily feel the burn of her eyes on my back, I sighed as I semi turned to see her facing me with confused wide eyes,"Look , I said what I had to, we needed to get you back here." No one seemed bothered by my lie to her except for Hershel and of course Lori who now had her eyes in slits as she stared at me. I should have hurried to the house faster.

"You asshole-"

"Lori-," I tried to speak but she ran up to me and rasied her hands to grip onto my shirt, she began to tug at it and the glare on her face only increased.

"He's my husband!"

Pfft, now he is just cause we found out he's alive. I tried to pry her hands off but that wouldn't happen without injuring her weak small frame,"Lori I will go after him! I will find him okay!?" She got in my face and the fear of hurting her quickly went to the back of my mind as I roughly pushed her away and she gladly stumbled backwards in fear. "Hey! Now look- first things first I gotta... I gotta look after you. I gotta make sure the baby is all right. If Y/N hadn't been with you who knows what could have happened to you and the baby, she took all the hits to make sure you'd come back in one piece."

She just stared wide eyed at me, I was slightly confused on why, everyone here already knows don't they? Before I could say anything more another voice finally joined in and I froze,"You're having a baby?" I slowly turned and looked behind me to see Carl staring at Lori, Shit. "Why didn't you tell me?"

I slid my hand down my face and turned away, Carl only mumbled in anger before Y/N's name slipped out and he ran towards the house, Dale and Andrea grabbed Lori and took her to make sure she was physically fine. Before she left though we met eyes one last time, we equally glared at each other before we went our separate ways. Bitch.