55

Better Angels

~~~

A/N: My psych class started, so I'm trying for 3 updates this week in case I get super busy

~~

( No POV )

"Dale could-could get under your skin.

He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt.

That kind of honestly is rare.......and brave. Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale.

He'd be looking back at me with that look he had, we've all seen it one time or another.I couldn't always

read him but, he could read us. He saw people for who they were, he knew things about us- the truth.

Who we really are. In the end he was talking about loosing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best

way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves, and

take control of our lives. Our safety, our future. We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. From now on, we're

gonna do it his way, and that's how we honor Dale."

( Your POV )

"It's gonna be tight, 14 people in one house."

Hershel dismissed what Rick's worry was, while everyone else carefully packed up the camp sight, after what happened the night before.

Dale.

For being a man that got under everyone's skin, you've made them change with your death. At least for the moment.. The group was focused on getting together and fixing a wired fence around the farm for safety measures. I sighed at the memory from last night, I'd gone out of control. I didn't know what happened to me but I wasn't fast enough anyway..now another person died with the truth of what I am. I watched the others pack up while listening to Rick and Hershels conversation. Everyone was leaving me alone for the moment and I couldn't be happier. That walkers blood was still covering my hands, and I hadn't gotten around to washing it off.

Something still doesn't feel right..

"With the swamp hardening, the creek drying up-"

Maggie cut of her dad,"With a 50 head of cattle on the property we might as well be ringing a damn dinner bell."

Hershel smiled at the face she made and nodded,"She's right. We should have moved you in a while ago."

The group was surprised at what Hershel had said but it also made them all happy to hear that we were finally, truly, welcome on the farm. Rick turned to the group and like the leader he was, barked out directions,"All right lets move the vehicles near each of the door, have em all facing out towards the road. We'll build a look out in the windmill, another in the barn loft. That should give us sight lines on both sides of the property. " Daryl and Shane nodded at him being the two closest to him, he then walked a bit to get Tdoggs attention. "TDogg, I'll need you to take the perimeter around the house. Keep track of coming and going."

"What about standing guard?"

They both looked over at me, though it was subtle I noticed it without fail. Daryl seemed to notice too so he came over and Rick seemed to change his mind,"I need you and Daryl on double duty," they nodded at him,"For now."