17

Save The Last One : Part 1

~~~

( Shane POV)

dat crazy mofo

~~

There's walkers all over this damn place,I waited behind the brick building for the walkers to move far enough so I could pass through without being spotted,even I'm beginning to doubt the idea of escape.Once the one walker I had been waited for moved I slowly inched across the wall,but it spotted me.Taking no chances I raised my gun and took the shot,Shit I forgot about the noise. I limped my way towards the other corner of the building only to see other walkers headed my way,so instead I leaned up against a fence that eventually had walkers pushing an pulling to get in.Well there's only one way I'm getting out of this.With a sigh under my heavy breathing I raised my gun and had it pointed at the few walkers in front of me,I began to breathe hard preparing myself when the walker in front was suddenly shot in the forehead and fell limp onto the floor.Looking up from the dead body I spotted Otis with his arms outstretched,in his hand a gun.Together we took out the few and then I limped my way,as fast I could towards his heavyset figure,after handing him his bag I spoke,"Man I thought I'd lost you."

"Those were my last rifle rounds." "Me too."

Now at my side we both began to walk as fast as we could though it was paining me so much to even place half pressure on my step when switching feet to walk.

( Lori POV )

It was quiet,real quiet that I could hear the light breeze as well as the sounds of crickets outside the house so clearly,I had my head turned towards Rick but after a while of us both being silent I moved my head to look straight forward.Hoping to clear my mind of our last conversation over Carl..life..I slowly closed my eyes and rested my head against the wall.A mistake as little as three seconds after we heard a cough,it then repeated over and over.Carl! Without speaking we both jumped onto our feet and raced back into the room Carl was in,I opened the door and dropped onto the floor so that I was eye level with him.My baby's awake. I could feel tears brimming my eyes in an attempt to escape but I held them back as a smile came onto the my face seeing Carl awake.

He was shaking and looking all around in fright even as his eyes met mine and I placed my hand atop his head,his breathing was still hard when he spoke,"W-where are we?"

I continued to caress his head and run my fingers through his hair,I glanced at Rick for a second to see him with a smile on his face as well as he leaned over to speak to Carl."Hey ,little man,"looking over at Hershel for a second he spoke again,"That's Hershell,we're in his house.Y-you had an accident,alright?"

Still twitching every few seconds out of what I ,sadly,imagined to be the pain he was in he nodded his head in understanding before his face scrunched up,"I-it hurts,a-a lot."

His small hands reached over to where he had been shot,I lowered my hand on top of his as he continued to cringe in pain,"I know baby,I know."

I had closed my eyes for a second before looking back at Carl's face,pain still obvious but now he was smiling as he stared at the both of us,"Y-you should have seen it." Confusingly I stroked his hair,"What?" "The deer,it was so pretty mom. It was so close,I-I've never been...."

My smile instantly came off my face as Carl suddenly stopped talking and moving,his head turned towards the ceiling and his eyes fixated themselves onto the ceiling.His pupils dialated and it was as if he was frozen,what the. Rick came closer having realized Carl state,"Carl?"