13

Finding Other Survivors

~~~

(Rick POV)

~~

Let's hope we find them today.After rolling out the arsenal onto the front of a car that my son found yesterday while I was in the woods,I looked up at everyone and spoke."Alright,everybody takes a weapon."

Andrea who had been standing on the opposite side of the car to me spoke while looking down at the small hand held weapons,"These aren't the kind of weapons we need,what about the guns?"

"We've been over that,"I turned back glanced behind me to see Shane talking,"Daryl,Rick and I are carrying,we cant have people popping off rounds every time a tree rustles."

"It's not the trees I'm worried about."

I sighed as Shane continued to agrue with Andrea,we really need to get a move on."Say someone fires and a heard happens to be passing by? See,then it's game over for all of us."Shane gave her a final look as he placed his bag over his shoulder,"You need to get over it,"and he walked away.

I shook my head as I turned back to the weapons,"Alright,back to business,everyone takes a weapon,now." Once everyone who was going to be heading out to search today grabbed one I looked over at Daryl to speak.Daryl understands the land better and if we're going to have any luck in finding the two girls it's with his help.

"The idea is to take the creek up about,five miles,turn around and come back down the other side,"I watched as Glenn spun and played around with the weapon he had gotten."Chances are she'll be by the creek,it's her only landmark."

After Daryl walked off I faced those that had stayed by the car,"Stay quiet and stay sharp,keep space between you but always stay in sight of each other."As I turned around I was met with Shane passing by catching a water bottle. Not even looking at us he said,"Everybody assemble your packs." The others only nodded not responding with words as I edged closer to Dale,"Dale,keep on those repairs, we gotta get this RV ready to move."

He stood as I said this,"Don't worry,we wont stay here a minute longer than we'll have to,Good luck out there."He got a little closer as he looked straight at my eyes,"Bring those two girls back."

I nodded at him as I placed my hand on my sons head,"Keep an eye on Carl while we're gone."

"No,"surprised I looked down at Carl who looked straight at me,"I'm going with you,I wanna help find Y/N and Sophia."I sighed as I switched which leg I was resting on,I can't be loosing my son out there too."You need people right?To cover as much ground as possible,"I sighed again."I know how to protect myself,Y/N showed me."

She what? I ignored his little statement as I looked over at Lori to save me but she bowed out,"Your call,I cant always be the bad guy." Dammit. Then Dale decided to join in,"Well he has all of you to look after him,I'd say he's in good hands."

I sighed as I looked down for a second,"Okay,okay."I reached in front of me to ruffle my sons hair as I began to walk to where the others were preparing their stuff.I should too."But always within my sight,no exceptions."

(Carl's POV)

My dad said yes! He actually let me go,this is gonna be so cool! We had already started heading off into the woods,I was at the back of the group with Shane ,my mom was in front of us.I continued to look down at the small knife I had been given to protect myself if needed,It's not as cool as Y/N's but still.Looking back at Shane I stopped walking until we were right next to each other,"Shane,look.Dad said I could carry it and mom said as long as I was-"