50

Nebraska: Part 1 

~~~

( Your POV )

~~

I could have saved her...

My sadness from Sophia had slowly but surely turned into complete anger, Shane being an annoying existence in my life helped that happen and now I wanted nothing but to kill myself for letting her die like that. If I had just noticed earlier, maybe it would have worked completely!

But still.... that voice in the back of my head had other thoughts.

My eyes moved away from the bodies to the group that was digging graves for the loved ones, there is a reason they still don't know about me. Even if I had saved Sophia, they would have just killed her anyway because she looked like a walker, I wouldn't have accomplished anything.

I sighed,"Maybe this is best."

The second I said this I felt arms curl themselves around my waist from behind,I would have freaked out but the smell made me realize that it was just Daryl,"Does your hand hurt?" I laughed internally as I raised my wrapped hand that now how dried blood covering it, I forgot about it. I shook my head "No" as I curled and uncurled my fingers to show it didn't hurt. He grabbed my injured hand and brought it to closer to his face, but I pulled it away.

He gave me a confused glance at my action,"It's all bloody and gross, I'm not gonna let you kiss that." He just sent me a smirk before pushing his lips against my forehead and walking off, any sign of content gone from his face as he stared in anger at everyone else. He must be upset about risking his life everyday to go out for Sophia only for her to already be....dead. "And I'm right back where I started ,sulking because I'm an idiot.."

"You're much more than an idiot, you missed crazy and bitc-."

I just scoffed at the voice,"Always wanting to start fights, even when injured. Like always your predictable to a ridiculous point," I didn't even turn around to look at Shane, he had been helping with the bodies but of course found the moment to walk over to me unnoticed. I sighed ,"What do you want? Unless it's because you need a bandage change from moving around too much like a moron."

"I'm here for answers-"

"Then look somewhere else."

He stomped over to me with his hands clenched at his sides,"Only you can answer."

I scoffed and looked off to the side,"This sounds like your problem doesn't it?" He tried to hit me with his fist but I dogged it and let him hit the big tree next to me,knowing the others were just a couple steps away he held in his yell of pain and bit into his bottom lip instead. "Fuck you Shane."

He looked over at me and his eyes went from my eyes to the bottom of my mask where my lips would be before he completely turned away from me,"I fucking hate you."

Well,gee. What a surprise.

( Daryl POV )

"Carol." I only mumbled her name so she'd glance back at me, the second she did she turned away after meeting eyes with Lori.

Lori sighed as she took a single step closer,her arms crossed over her chest,"Its ready."

Lori had no fighting spirit in her to even try and convince Carol to leave the RV so that she could attend her own daughter's quick and jacked funeral. The barn had ruined all of us,even Y/N who seemed more bothered by the barn simply being opened....that must have been why those two almost killed eachother out in the woods.I shook my head as Lori called out to Carol once more only for her to finally answer with ,"Why?"