Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Someone knocked at my door I just said go away but they came in and sat beside on my bed. My face was buried in my pillow I would not look up at who was now rubbing my back." He should have left it alone." I said, there was no response from the person so I continue to talk. "I told him it was none of his business, and to let it go but he just wouldn't let a sleeping dog lie. I mean you now better then anyone I never want to relive that in anyway but..... But it just came out at school, I couldn't help it." They remained silent slowly calming me down by the lack of words. I started to cry the memories were back and no doubt I'll have nightmares tonight. "I never want to go back .... Please don't tell anyone Jason....."

"I won't Jazz..... I never want you to go back there either.... Okay my little nightingale ." He said sweetly and leaned in to kiss my head." I love you, sis."

"I love you, too. My big strong bear brother." I said as I looked up and wrapped my arms around him. I got up walked back out said goodbye to everyone cleaned up but was stopped by Emmett still sitting in the seat I had left him in. I walked passed him not even giving him a side ways glance.

"Jazz I'm sorry..... I won't ask again I promise...." He whispered, I looked back at him he was looking at me with hurt in his eyes.

"I forgive you, but I will never answer that question.... Mr. Williams." I said, wounding him even more by not saying His name. That was it I went back cleaned and went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{ "hey brat wake up!" He'd say, as he'd drag her out of bed. 

"I'm awake! Please put me down." She'd scream, "mommy help me, I don't want to be near him!"  

"Shut up mommy's sleeping your going to to play with me today....." As he walked into a dark room with her over his shoulder. 

"NO! LET ME GO HELP ME! MOMMY! MOMMY PLEASE HELP ME!"--}  

The next morning I was woken up by a banging at the door.  

"HEY! ANYONE IN THERE? I HAVE A MS. ROSE FRANKLIN HERE. SHE SAYS SHE LIVES HERE." It was a male voice that was very angry.

"Hold on I'm coming I'm coming...." I yelled putting on my robe ran to the door. "Yes Rose lives here." I opened the door to see a police officer holding my drunk aunt's arm. He looked young, around his early twenties, kind a cute. The uniform clanged to his body showing of muscles, he had bright green eyes, olive skin tone, and I could make out that he had black hair stinking out from under his hat.

"I found her wondering the streets at 1 a.m. This morning, sorry for waking you up."

"No it's fine. Come in, put her on the couch over there." I said pointing to the living room. "Thank you so much."

"No problem. So is she you roommate or something?" The officer asked looking at me puzzled.

"She's my aunt. Do I really look old enough to have a roommate?" I asked looking at him placing a hand on my cheek.

"Well you look like you just got out of high school." He stated, my face heated up, I didn't know if i should take it as a compliment or what.

"I'm a sophomore in high school, for your information."

"Oh you look older.... No disrespect."

"It's fine. Would you like anything to eat?" I offered, walking into the kitchen.

"Yes I'm starving, my names Ryan by the way." He followed me into the kitchen holding his stomach. I took his hand and introduced myself.

"Hi, I'm Jazz. I'll get started right way with your meal sir, I hope you like chocolate chip pancakes because she'll be waking up soon and want them." I said grabbing some eggs from the fridge, "can you get me the mix from the shelf over there." I pointed in to general direction of it. I heard a yawn and footsteps coming close.

"Hey Jazz what are we having for breakfast?" I heard a familiar voice asked.

"Well Rose has a hang over so chocolate chip pancakes again today." I said taking the mix from Ryan's hands. "So please keep your voice down, Jason I only have a little while till she wakes up and asks for them."

"Okay, its Emmett and who's the cop?" He asked, sounding a bit sad that I got him mixed up with my brother.

"Oh sorry you sounded just like Jason. This is Ryan he helped Rose get home today."

"Hey ...Ryan don't you have to go back to work?" Emmett asked eyeing the policeman.

"No, Ms.Franklin was my last job for the night." Ryan replied not looking at Emmett once."hey Jazz can I have that one?"

"Sure, just wait a minute... Mr. Williams what's with that face, did you want that one too?" I asked cocking my head to look at him.

"...Emmett...No it just how can you act so calm around guys, like you've know them for years or something?" He asked curiously, I looked at him then at Ryan who I just met. I shrugged flipped a pancake and said.

"It just comes naturally. I just feel comfortable around some guys that's all. Jason kind of treated like a boy up till he turned ten." I joked, placing a plate in front of him and Ryan.

"Really, a boy?" They asked in union, looking at me crazy.

"Yep."

"That's odd."

"Your telling me. Speaking of Jason where is my big bear of a brother?" I asked Emmett.

"He woke me up about a hour ago says something about have an emergency at work. He also said he turned off your alarm clock so you could sleep in for a change." He looked at me raising an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes at him walked to the living room as Rose was waking p and placed the pancakes on the coffee table so she didn't have to walk to the table. She smelled of all different types of alcohol, I held my breathe for a moment as she shoveled in the pancakes. 

"I'm going to change can you take me to school?" I asked walking back into the kitchen turned off the oven and put the firing pan in the sink.

"Yeah, just let me get dressed and we'll go." He replied shoving a pancake in his mouth.

"Hey Ryan you can come back here any time you want. I'll make you pancakes again." I teased, walking to my room.

"I will if all your pancakes are this good!" He yelled back, I chuckled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryan left about ten minutes after I left the room, Rose had gotten up and went to bed too. I looked around feeling a bit lazy flopped down on the couch waiting for Emmett to come out. My mind was wondering when it went back to the nightmare I was having before Ryan woke me. That scared little girl and that awful man, how she screamed for help but no one came. My eyes started to well up, her eyes begged for something to happen to stop the man, I sat up and tried whipping the tears away but they came out to fast.

"Jazz?" I heard, someone ask,"are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just great." I said turning to face the voice with a fake smile, I knew my eyes were red but I could make an excuse. It was Rose she wasn't sober enough yet but she could see clear enough to know I was crying. She stumbled over put her arm around me and softly patted my head.

"I can see right though you even when I'm drunk off my ass." She stated, "are you sure you want to go to school? You could skip a day or two if your nightmares are back...... If you want." I smiled weakly at her before standing up and grabbing my book bag. Aunt Rose knew what was going on from one look, how pathetic.

"No Rose I have to beat this..... Thank you Aunty, I love you." I said leaning down and hugging her, she still smelled of alcohol but I didn't mind.

"Jazz you ready to go?" Emmett said walking in, looking at me and Rose then walked to the door. Rose kissed me on the cheek before letting me go as I ran to caught up with Emmett the phone rang. It rang once Rose must have gotten it. (Weird Rose never picks up the phone, on just the first ring....?)

Srry this chapter is so short but I just had to wrap it up tonight I will upload the next chapter as soon as possible. Thanx for reading :)