"We have been friends for so long" I say quickly. Felix nods. Mom takes my hand.
"She's still finding herself" she says encouragingly.

"It's just-I wasn't even surprised" I say as I look down. It was silent on the table.
"Anyway, let's eat" I say as I lift up the mood a little bit. I begin serving myself and Mom and Felix slowly follow my lead.

"You know, there was this cloud that looked like the ugliest baby I've ever seen. I wish I took a photo to show you" I say as I snicker a bit. Felix tried to hold in his laugh.
"Oh yeah, once I saw a cloud hand trying to grab a tiny elephant" he one ups me.
"That sounds a lot like that drunk scene from Dumbo. Were you perhaps drunk that day?" I tease.

"No, no" he says quickly before Mom gets the wrong idea.
"If anything, that elephant looked high" Felix makes a comeback. I started canning myself. I was always a sucker for a good pun or dad joke.
The rest of dinner really cheered me up.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Mom asks us.
"But we have school tomorrow" I say, confused.
"Have a day off" she says.
"It's Friday tomorrow. I'm sure I can handle another day of school" I say.
"Right" Mom says with a gentle smile.

"Good night. Thank you for tonight. I feel much better" I say as I hug Mom.
"Anytime" she says as she hugs back. I walk back to my room and get ready for bed. Felix stops by my door.

"Will you really be ok?" He asks.
"Of course, I will be fine" I say.
"I'm going to school with you tomorrow" he says.

"Sure. Night Brat" I say.
"Night" and he leaves.

The next day, I did not know what to do with myself. Should I still go to school with Jennie or give her space?

I went with the latter.

Felix and I walked to school together. We played a game to stay on the white line of the road. I was killing it. We walked like that all the way to school.

I left him once we were close enough to the school. I quickly disappeared so that people won't associate him with me. I went to my locker, earphones in, ready to get this Friday over with. I opened my locker and again, letters fell out of it. Less than yesterday but noticeable enough for the people around to start laughing. I throw the letters away. What a waste of paper...

I grab my things and head to class and I sit where I sat yesterday, at the back of the class. I ignore what people say around me until I hear the door being slammed loudly with a loud squealing Jennie.

"He asked me out!" She squeals excitedly to her new group of friends.
"Who?"
"Who?" The girls sounded like owls.

"Jungkook" she pretends to act cool and slide into her seat. Too late for that...Then the girls got excited, trying to cover their jealous glares.

"Did you say yes?" A girl was brave enough to ask.
"...yes" she says after a bit of build up. She looked proud.

The girls all sat down around her, asking for details. They all finally quietened down so I could hear my own music. I continued to stare outside.

I wonder what I should do over the weekend...

I avoided people the whole day, not to cause trouble for myself. I went to the basement whenever I could as there was usually no one. I had a ball by myself.

Listening to music, dancing and playing a bit of music. It was like I was having my own concert.

The day eventually ends and I feel so much lighter, walking home on my own. I don't have to worry or think about what Jennie's doing so that she wouldn't get mad. I don't have to wait on anybody. I can do whatever I want.

I got home and danced to the kitchen and made pancakes for everyone when they get back home. I made a berry sauce and added all sorts of things to add to the pancakes.

Everyone will come home earlier since it's Friday. I start my homework and speed through it, so that when Felix comes back home, I was done.

"Brother! I made pancakes" I tell him cheerfully.
"Nice" he says with a tiny victory.
"Have a good day today?" I ask as I plate him his food.

"Sort of, school was boring but practice was good. Did you know Jennie is dating Jungkook now?" He asks, a bit cautious.
"Yip."

"Oh...well, I made friends with Jungkook. He's really nice to me" he adds on to avoid the topic he brought up.
"That's nice" I say, I never see he's friends anyway. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Jungkook at all. I have been hearing a lot about him. He's popular yet I don't see him at all. Weird...

"Did you enjoy your day today?" He asks while stuffing his face with food.
"Yeah and I'm sure this whole letter thing will fade away" I say, full of hope.

"What letter thing?" He asks.
"People have been stuffing a lot of pink and red letters in my locker. It's honestly a waste of paper" I say shaking my head. It looks like Felix froze.

"You ok?" I ask with a bit of a laugh. I stop laughing when he turns to me with a serious face.
"Felix?" I ask, actually worried if I said something wrong.

"N-nothing" he says, trying to contain his anger.
"Listen, don't interfere. I don't care" I say with a shrug.
"Nobody should be treated like that, (Y/N)" he says seriously.

"I agree but they will grow up eventually. And if they don't, I'm anyways finishing school in about two years. Nothing to worry about" I say. I really don't want him to get involved. I really don't care and I highly dislike it when he wants to help me. I'm older, I should be the one to take care of him.

"Promise me not to interfere" I tell him seriously.
"Why?" He asks, eyes softening.
"Promise?" I stare him straight in the eyes.
"...fine" he says, looking away.

"Good. Anyway, did you like the pancakes?" I ask.
"Yeah! You cook just like Mom!" He says.
"You flatter me" I say with a laugh. No one can cook as good as Mom. She is a first class chief after all. I'll take the compliment though.

(I do not own the picture.)