Let Me Know

When Kayden reached the entrance of his school, the bell had rung for them to all get to class. Kayden had been late getting up and leaving, so he had no time to even talk to Rob and Mitchell, let alone Olivia. Kayden was still processing what his parents had said, he wanted to cry but would get laughed at so he sucked it up. Kayden reached the maths room, where Mr. Richardson was taking attendance. "Cutting it close aren't we Kayden?", he asked looking over his glasses and up from the computer screen. "My alarm didn't go off", Kayden said, walking down to Rob who had saved him a seat. "Do I have the dopest news to tell you and Mitchell", Rob said, leaning into Kayden to talk. "Tell me", Kayden said, curious about what his friend had to tell. "Skylar and I are going out", Rob whispered, trying to contain his excitement. Kayden smiled and fist-bumped him, "Congrats guy!", Kayden said, "I can't wait to see Mitchell's reaction". Rob smiled, "I think we have history next so we don't have to wait long", he said. "Mr. DeMattes", Mr. Richardson shouted, "Can you please pay attention to this algebraic formula". Rob nodded and looked down at his book, he was still smiling.

When the bell rang, Rob jumped out his seat, grabbed Kayden's arm, and ran to the history classroom. Mitchell saw them and wondered why Rob looked so happy and was running towards him. "Yo, slow down", Mitchell said, before Rob tripped and tackled Mitchell to the ground with Kayden. "I am no longer single!", Rob shouted at Mitchell, "I have a girlfriend!". Mitchell smiled, "Well done dude, now please could you get up?". Rob got up, pulled his two friends to their feet and they calmly made their way to the end of the hall to the history room. Skylar, Eve, and Olivia approached and they smiled at the trio of boys. "Hey Rob", Skylar said, walking to stand by Rob's side. Kayden smiled at Olivia, while Mitchell looked at the ground and Eve looked at the ceiling. "Let me know if you want to come over tonight", Olivia said to Kayden, "To work on the project". "I'd love to", Kayden said, smiling and looking down at the ground. This moment was interrupted by the arrival of other kids and Mr. Bell, "Let's get amoving kids!", Mr. Bell exclaimed, "We need to learn!".