101) Shopping

Eli picked me up the next day, much to Jaxon's disgust. He wasn't mad but didn't like the idea either. I had reached the point where I just didn't care anymore. We grabbed Noah on the way, and Eli kept his serious figure, but was more polite than Jaxon would have been thankfully.

When we finally arrived, he gave me a warning look before letting us get and roam free.

"So, what are your plans for Christmas?" Noah asked me as we entered the shopping centre.

"Well, I was hoping to get some presents today, and I have to get my secret Santa gift. We're flying to Bali on Christmas day."

"Really?" He was a little shocked.

"Yeah. We've got a night flight, so we don't have to go to the airport until about seven, although knowing Hunter I'm sure we'll be there earlier." I laughed. He was always pedantic about getting to the airport with plenty of time, no matter when the flight was. I was glad it being Christmas would give me a reason to make him stay, rather than just sitting at the airport half the day. "What about you?" I asked.

"Not much. I think my cousins are coming and we're hosting this year. It's always crazy when they're here. Too bad you can't meet them."

"I'm sure I could spare an hour or too." I winked and laughed. I didn't feel the same way around Noah as I did with Jono. I liked the idea more than I actually liked him. He was too pressuring. Noah wasn't like that at all. He was sweet, and nothing was ever pressure-filled or awkward with us.

"Thank goodness. You have no idea how loud and obnoxious they are."

"Sounds like what I live with every day."

"Surely not."

"Have you met them?" I scoffed.

"I go to your house multiple times a week, what are you talking about Livi?" He rolled his eyes, grinning like a fool.

First, we went into a game store, where I picked my secret Santa present. I didn't want to talk to the cashier, since it always made me nervous, so I gave Noah my card and the game and told him I'd wait outside. He was more than compliant to do it which made me relax a bit.

We spent the day going in and out of stores. I got a little gift for each of the boys, including a small Xbox voucher for Lachie, some thrifted sports tops for Olli, a game for Jaxon and a book store voucher for Hunter since he keeps talking about how we should all read more, even though I do, so I thought it's only fair he practices what he preaches.

"Is it just you and your brothers going to Bali?" Noah asked.

"No, we're meeting my cousins there. I think they're going to be there before us actually but we're all staying in one big suite at the hotel I think."

"Fun. That must be one big room."

"Yeah." I laughed. I hadn't really thought about that, but I would hope I would sleep with Willow.

"When are you coming back?"

"New years eve. In the morning."

"So are you running the party?" As well as our annual Easter party, we also hosted New Years for all our friends and family. My grandparents came every second year too which was great fun since they treated me like a queen, much to the annoyance of Hunter and the others.

"There's not a chance we'd miss it."

"Good. I can probably last five days."

"What?" I laughed again, confused.

"Well I don't know what I would do if you were gone for any longer."

"Aw." I grinned.

"Oh shut up. Don't do that." He shook his head, acting as if I'd done something gross.

We continued shopping for the rest of the day and got some clothes. I was desperate to buy this pair of shoes, but with Christmas coming up, I knew Hunter wouldn't be impressed if I did.

"Should I call Eli to come and get us?" I asked Noah, whilst we sat eating crepes. I ordered chocolate and marshmallow, and Noah bought banana and honey. He is obsessed with bananas and always has been.

"Good idea. I have to be home soon."

I tried calling Eli twice, when he didn't pick up the first time. I tried to call Harvey, but the auto reply told me he was working and couldn't answer the phone, so I resorted to Hunter.

"Hey." He answered casually.

"Eli won't answer his phone."

"Did you organise a time for him to pick you up?"

"No, but..."

"Livi, come on. You know Eli's phone is always dead. You should have thought about this."

"I did think about it. He told me to ring him."

"Call Jaxon. I'm working and you can deal with this yourself." He sighed and hung up.

"How rude." I said, scoffing.

"Hung up?" Noah asked. I nodded.

I tried calling Jaxon, and he didn't answer, so I called Olli.

"Yes?" He answered, seemingly slightly out of breath.

"Tell Jaxon to answer the damn phone."

"I'm not home. Try Lachie." He huffed, still panting from whatever he was doing. I just assumed he was at the gym.

"Where are you?" Before I could get a response, Olli hung up. Nobody wanted to talk to me.

"They're all hanging up or not answering." I told Noah, frowning. He sympathised as I tried Lachie.

"Hey." He said. I could hear the Xbox running in the background.

"Can you get Jaxon please?"

"I'm here. What?" Jaxon said. They must be playing together.

"Can you come and get me?"

"What do you mean? Where are you? Are you okay?" I could no longer hear the game in the background.

"I'm at the shops with Noah."

"Oh. Maybe in a while."

"Jaxon please! No one else is answering and you're the only one that can drive."

"Livi please! I'm in the middle of a game and Lachie is the only one I can play it with." He mimicked.

"That doesn't even make sense. Can you please just come get us."

"Fine. Front entrance in twenty minutes. If you're not there I'm turning back around, and you can wait until Hunter gets off work."

"Thankyou."

"Welcome."