110) Playing Mermaids

JAXON POV

We walked to the concierge, grabbing one of the booklets. I was sure there was one in our room, but this saved the hassle.

"There's a bike ride through the rice paddies at 3. We could do that?" Hunt suggested.

"It's not too hot and sunny today so that'd be good. I think every other day we are here is meant to be warmer than this." Olli added.

We all agreed to do the bike ride and signed the form. They provided the bikes and everything, all we had to do was rock up. To pass the time, we played pool in the restaurant lobby. I'd been desperate to have a go since we walked past it this morning, so it worked out well. It was nice to have a break from Livi and Willow. I was used to Livi, but willow was a whole new level of energetic.

"Let's head back to the room to get ready." Hunter told us. We needed sunscreen and to change into actual clothes, rather than just bathers.

LIVI POV

It was so much more peaceful without my brothers breathing down my neck. Uncle Darren was reading some magazine about cars whilst Willow and I dived in and out of the water. I liked having someone to play mermaids with, even though I was probably getting a bit too old to enjoy it as much as I did. Underwater was peaceful and our tea parties always resorted in a good laugh.

"Dad, I'm hungry." Willow whined suddenly. She crashed quickly, happy one moment, grumpy the next.

"No need to whinge honey. We've talked about this. Just ask if you would like something."

"Please Dad can I have something to eat?"

"Much better." He nodded approval. "I have Oreos but that's about it. We'd have to go back to the room if you wanted something else."

"Oreos!" She exclaimed.

We shared the whole packet, much to Uncle Darren's disapproval. He made us cover up again with sunscreen then said to get back in the water and use the energy the Oreos should have given us. He wasn't wrong about us being hyper.

JAXON POV

We got all our bikes sorted and were soon enough on our way. It took us long enough to get out of the actual hotel before we could begin the 'tour' section of the ride. I hadn't ridden a bike in ages, so it was a surprising workout when we reached each little hill.

I kept thinking of Livi and Bailey as we rode past so many dogs. I think some were stray, others just wandering about awaiting their journey home. Some had collars and looked friendly, others were a bit more frightening. It was sad to admit that I was afraid of some of the dogs. Livi would have wanted to stop to pat all the cute ones.

We rode past the odd family running a stall or walking somewhere, always waving and saying hello.

The gravel was uneven for a fair while until we got onto a better path that led us through the rice paddies. They were anticlimactic to see, mostly just looking like bright green swamps, but it was nice to see nonetheless. All of us, minus Jayden, were using our best Indonesian too. It was kind of weird because after a while, my English thoughts started to disappear, and my brain wired into Indonesian.

"We are halfway through. We will turn back to the hotel now." Our leader said. He was a really friendly guy and had been telling us all about his kids.

We all swivelled our bikes around and headed the other way. We'd been riding for about 40 minutes, so I was looking forward to heading back and grabbing some food.

"Itu hujan? Is that rain?" I asked.

"Ya, ada banyak hujan pada jam empat di sini. Setiap hari. Kami harus teruskan. Yes, there is a lot of rain at 4 o'clock here. Every day. We have to keep going." Our leader informed us.

Riding in the rain worried me. The roads got slippery and I couldn't say these were the most trustworthy bikes. I could tell hunter was getting worried too, meanwhile Olli and Lachie were completely oblivious to what this rain could mean. What would happen if we got stuck?

We continued to ride cautiously but were stopped when we heard a series of loud crashes up in the distance. The rain was strong and there was thunder. I knew Livi wouldn't be calm right now and Hunter would obviously want to help her.

"There are trees that have fallen down ahead. We can't get past."

"Can't we just go over? Surely there aren't that many." Hunter huffed, shielding his eyes from the rain.

"It's okay. It will be cleared soon." Our leader said calmly.

"How long do you think it will take."

"Up to three hours." He said nonchalantly.

"3 hours!?" We all echoed.

Thankfully up ahead there was a mini mart. I remembered it from riding past earlier. We were hardly far from the hotel at all, but there were no other choices in direction.

When we arrived at the mini mart, we could see the trees that were down. There was no way we could climb over or around the trees.

LIVI POV

The rain came quick and hard, catching Willow and I off guard. It was fun for a while, until the thunder hit. Then it wasn't fun anymore.

"Can we go back to the room?" I asked quickly, getting out of the water and packing up my stuff.

"Livi come back!" Willow exclaimed, jumping into the water again with a giggle.

"Are you okay?" Uncle Darren asked.

"I don't like the thunder." I shook, wrapping myself in a towel.

"Let's go Willow. Livi needs a rest." Willow got out quickly, sensing I wasn't quite right, and we hurried back to the room. I could still hear the thunder as I quickly got changed and wrapped myself up in my sheets. I wanted my brothers. 

I finally updated! 

Vote 

Comment

Follow @sydnie6624 

And check out my other stories - 

Floating in the Abyss 

Rising to the surface