83) Just a Cast

The week went by slowly. I had facetimed each of the boys each day, much to Lachie's annoyance. I refused to stop calling until he answered, which was extremely entertaining for me. After what felt like ages, Friday came around. Hunter didn't let me have the sleepover, much to my disgust, but I did kind of understand, some way or another.

"Happy birthday baby!" Hunter smiled, walking into my room and turning on the lights.

"Hi." I smiled. I missed having 4 times the amount of people run in.

"Look." He said, pulling something out from behind him.

He pulled out this mega chocolate cake.

"Yum!" I squealed. "Can we eat it now?"

"I don't see why not." He smirked, grabbing a fork.

This was a very rare occasion. Not often did I get to eat chocolate cake on my bed, first thing in the morning, with my eldest brother.

*HUNTER'S P.O.V*

"I'm taking the afternoon off work and take her, Mila, Theo, Lexi, Hugh and Noah ice skating. I'll buy some cupcakes and they can have chips there."

"Sounds good." Jaxon nodded through facetime. "We've got to go but we can call later. I'll try and get Livi on the phone later."

"Okay, have fun on the slopes." I smiled, hanging up.

Later at the ice-skating rink**

I managed to get all 6 of the kids sorted out and on the ice fairly quickly. Livi was leading Noah around the rink and Hugh was holding Mila's hand and pulling her along too. Poor Theo and Lexi were clinging onto the railing for dear life but looked like they were having fun. I'm not sure how much I liked Noah and Livi holding hands, but he was trustworthy.

I opened up my laptop and started to do some work since I should actually have been there, but I was only using it for about 15 minutes before I heard a scream. And it wasn't a laughing one.

I immediately looked up to see Noah trying to help a crying Livi to her feet. She was clutching her arm and wrist really tight and I could tell something was really wrong. I quickly ran over to the side of the ice and tried to talk to her.

"Livi, what happened?" I asked, unable to actually get to her. She didn't answer since she was crying but managed to get to her feet, with the help of Noah, then she speedily skated to the rink exit, hopping off the ice. I got to her and embraced her, asking her what happened repeatedly.

"My arm hurts." She choked out.

"She fell." Said Noah. "She tripped on a chunk of ice."

"My arm hurts." She repeated, sobbing and not letting go of her arm.

"I think we should go to the hospital, but we're all going to have to go." I said, and they quickly sprung into action, taking of their gear. I sat Livi down and did it for her, all whist she was still crying.

Once all the gear was off and returned, we went and got in the car. Thankfully the back extra 2 seats were already up so we all just piled in. Hugh and Noah sat in the middle with Livi, Theo and Lexi in the back and Mila in the very front with me.

I legally flawed it to the hospital and went straight into the emergency room, where they took her for x-rays. They didn't seem concerned enough for my liking, but I guess they deal with patients who have way more unstable conditions.

"Thanks for helping everyone." I said to all 5 of her friends once I had signed all the paperwork for her admission.

"No problem." Said Noah, fairly calm but still tapping his foot anxiously.

"Um, Hunter, my mum is coming to get me. I really don't like hospitals." Said Mila.

"No problem. I'll let you know when Livi's out what happened, I'm sure she'll be okay." I said, and she stood up.

"I'm going with her since she was my ride." Said Theo.

"And me too." Said Lexi.

"Unfortunately me as well." Said Hugh.

"All your parents are still working, huh?" I smiled. "Noah, are you leaving too?"

"Not yet."

"Alright, well Noah can keep you updated." I said to them as they left to go meet Mila's mum.

"Reckon she'll be okay?" Noah asked me.

"I think so. She's tough." I nodded.

"I know."

We waited for about 45 minutes before a doctor came out and called my name.

"Hunter Miller?"

"Yes, here." I said, standing up and approaching him.

"I'm Doctor Fuller and I have the results of Olivia's x-rays."

"Okay." I nodded, staying slightly professional.

"The good news is that she'll be completely fine. The bad news is that she has a fractured wrist and will have a cast for 6 to 8 weeks."

"You're kidding?" I gaped. No way.

"Uh, no, I am not kidding." He said seriously. "We can go see her now. The doctors should have just finished with the cast."

"Thankyou. Just one moment."

"She's in room 304." He nodded, walking away.

I went and got Noah, who was sitting there anxiously, and then we found the room. She was sitting up in the bed, looking at her white cast.

"Hey baby." I said, rushing to hug her.

"I broke my wrist." She whispered, letting me hug her.

"I know you did baby, but you're fine. You just have to wear the cast."

"Okay." She nodded, I think she was a bit stunned.

"Oh dammit." I cursed under my breath, seeing the time.

"What?" Asked Noah.

"I need to go pick up Jaxon, Olli and Lachie."

"You can. I can stay here." Noah offered.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah of course." He nodded.

"Okay, I'll be back as soon as possible." I nodded. I kissed Livi's forehead before leaving the room. I heard Noah instantly get up.

"Are you okay?" He asked her. I smiled on the inside.