> F O U R T E E N <

"So you're having two babies?"

"Yeah," Louis mumbles eyebrows furrowed as he's sitting Indian style on the floor outside the Nursery door. 

Niall nods joining Louis on the ground as well with a sigh, "Are you scared?" The submissive inhales deeply placing the paintbrush on the plastic next to him, "Y-yes," His hands spread on his stomach, a weak smile lifting the corners of lips, "D-daddy is-is okay,"

"Harry's doing better?" Niall clarifies for the younger boy that smiles gratefully for putting what he meant into better words, "Y-yes,"

Liam had just gotten back from his business trip, Niall spending the few nights with Harry and Louis; Harry escorting Liam into his office the second the car was parked. "How'd it go?"

"It went okay, Clark wanted a new offer, but Chandler-"

"You took Chandler?" Harry cuts him off with anger lacing his tone, "Harry I couldn't do it alone-"

"You told Louis you'd go alone," Harry remarks, Liam rolls his eyes, "Excuse me for not telling your pregnant husband that I didn't want to face the second biggest asshole in business alone." The tension in the room stills as Harry sighs deeply, "How did he do?"

"Very well actually, he's professionally spoken," Liam assures rising as the meeting had begun to conclude itself. Harry's about to bid him a parting farewell when he grabs ahold of Liam's elbow, "You said Clark was the second biggest asshole in business, who's the first?"

Liam smirks patting Harry's hand that rested on his arm, "You." 

Extending his hands for his husband to take, Louis giggles when Harry nervously chuckles, "W-where are we going, baby?"

"I-I show 'ya," Wrapping his smaller hand around Harry's back he helps him up the stairs towards the room next to theirs. Liam and Niall had left hours ago, the couple not sharing words after until Louis appeared in Harry's office demanding his presence. 

Figuring his husband had needed help with something small Harry was going to ring a servant yet the persistent man repeatedly it was only something his Daddy could do. 

"Eyes c-closed, Daddy," Louis warns, Harry smirking as he keeps his eyelids shut gasping at the soft touch of Louis, using his own hands to shield his eyes, "Is this a trick?" Harry muses, Louis glances once more at his work with a joyful grin as he steps back removing the hands, "N-now open,"

Where once a plain white door was, is now a beautiful array of flowers, specks of green, a beautiful yellow sun with pink clouds, and hues of bluebirds flying in the sky. The door he had the artist draw on, he had spent the day painting, fulfilling his vision on what he wanted the door to look like. It was now perfect for his babies. 

"L-lou," Harry mumbles, he's in awe at what his husband had created, his heart aches at how shitty he had been to someone so perfect. His sweet, innocent, perfect, gorgeous, husband. Turning to the younger one, Harry offers his own hand pulling Louis closer, "It's perfect."

Louis beams at the praise pointing to the green flower in the corner, "L-like wedding," Tears prick Harry's eyes at the reminder of the stupid fight the two had on the damn colors of the flowers in their wedding. "I love you," He speaks softly, Louis whipping his head up at the strained voice, "L-love you too Daddy," 

Kneeling down, Harry stares at Louis' belly, "I love you both, daddy's gonna be different." Louis sniffles placing a hand in Harry's chestnut hair, "Please." Begging for his master to rid the family of Harold once and for all, the two remain the hallway for another few minutes lingering in the hold of one another.

Louis easing to the floor as well nestling into his husband's chest as he exhales softly. He'd fallen in love with a monster, he couldn't deny Harry wasn't a shitty person who was trapped in a life of darkness. He's quick to remember one of his favorite lines from a book Harry had read him. Once explained, Louis had made sure to place a picture of the quote in Harry's office, 

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light"

>This chapter is different. I'm sorry if you don't like it, I truly don't know what I want to write anymore. I have re-read the first book of Tell me When it Hurts, and Shit it's dark. Like scary dark. I don't know. I hope you like this, all the love, Emma :)<