> T W E N T Y T H R E E <

Clearing his throat, Harry raises his eyebrow adjusting Tallulah in his arms, "Will you be okay tonight?"

Louis smiles fondly at the man cradling their oldest twin, "F-fine," Louis assures pressing a kiss to the girl's temple, "Be-be nice to D-doctor," Louis commands winking knowingly at his husband, the man rolls his eyes kissing Louis' forehead, "I'm always nice."

Since the awful night of the party when Harry swore to Louis, he'd go to therapy, the man had made it his personal mission to seek real help from a professional. Kerri, his assistant, was great for telling him what an asshole he is, and Liam had great, wise, sayings - but it took more than that.

Harry finally realizing this when Louis didn't forgive him.

In fact, the two were still sleeping in different beds.

They shared breakfast and dinner together, but that was mostly it. Louis had even started calling Harry, Harry. It wasn't something the master was on board with at first but understood that it was going to take time to not only gain Louis' trust back but to undo the hurt he'd caused him.

Plastering a smile, the man hands Tallulah to the Papa, "Have a good day," He wanted to say more, both men did, but neither knew what words to put where. When Louis tried hearing Harry the man only found excuses begging to leave his lips. Louis didn't deserve excuses.

"You too, Harry," Louis adds the name as if an afterthought, a small reminder of not only his new place but Harry's place in his life. Harry was an afterthought at this point. The babies came first.

Balancing the phone between his head and shoulder, Louis glances at his nails frowning at the state of them. They were chewed and picked to nubs.

Luke continues to tell Louis of his and Zayn's vacation plans, reminding the boy with every breath that he and the babies were invited to go.

"No Harry?"

"Zayn just doesn't want to invite him, I know you understand," Luke remarks lowering his voice to mock empathy for the situation, Louis sighs chewing his bottom lip, "I-I know, but, but he husband."

"We know he's your husband, and father of your kids, but-"

"No buts," Louis retorts bringing the phone to his view his thumb hovering over the red button to disconnect the call, "Call me later, okay?"

"O-okay," Louis promises smashing the button.

He glances at the baby monitor from his spot on the sofa, he's perched on the corner watching the help do their thing about the house. Seeing the babies still sleeping soundly, Louis brings up Harry's contact pressing call,

"Hey, baby is everything okay?"

"F-fine," Louis mumbles, he wants to lie and make an excuse for why he suddenly called the man but nothing came to mind, "I'm going to be a little late coming home, I think I've finally found someone I like!"

At the joyful news, Louis can't help but smile, "Good," 

"I love you, see you at home." Harry muses, holding his breath waiting for the words to be returned, Louis inhales deeply, "Y-you too,"

"Louis? I have a right to see my babies, Louis. I know you're in there."

Tilting his head back against the wall, Louis lets tears stream down his face. He wishes with everything he'd been honest and told Harry how much he truly did love him.