> T H I R T Y T W O <

Standing with the gravity of what was just said not quite settled into him yet, Liam stands with wide eyes at the side of his boss, he darts his look to him with his jaw hanging.

Harry smirks squeezing Liam's arm assuringly, "I trust you," he returns to the microphone, "No further questions at this time, thank you,"

Stepping away from the overbearing crowd that screamed questions and demanded answers for his sudden upcoming absence, Harry can't help the sigh of relief when he returns inside pulling Louis into his awaiting arms.

The boy melts in the grasp with a whimper, tears pooling in his eyes as he sniffles, "Y-you d-do it," he whispers, Harry rests his forehead against Louis nodding, "I did it, baby,"

Liam suddenly emerges in the room shutting the door to conceal the silence of the building, "W-what was that?"

Harry offers his friend a smile, "Lee tell me you aren't ready and I'll find a replacement, but I need to step away," Liam frowns crossing his arms as he sighs, "I-I'm ready but, but what will you do? W-where will you go?"

"H-home," Louis announces, he steps forward wrapping his arms around Harry that nods, "I'm going home, Lee, I need time with my family,"

Liam nods glancing at Kerri, "W-will you be my partner?" The woman nods wrapping her arms around Liam with a giggle, "You know I will!" The two return their eyes to Harry watching the man they've watched for years struggle with basic human decency, grow into a man that will give up his world in a matter of seconds for a man he so dearly loved.

Quincy watches from the sidelines with a knowing smile on her cheeks, her gray eyes drift around the room until they land on a pair of icy blue ones watching from afar, Niall stands with his arms crossed his once friendly demeanor hardens, when their eyes meet.

As if he knew something no one else but she did, he nods stepping closer to his owner, "Congratulations honey," The assistant chews her bottom lip with a suppressed eye roll at the celebration, she purses her lips staring out the window seeing the reporters begin dying down from the excitement of the day.

Packing just a few things from his office, Harry sighs with a final glance around the room, "It'll be different not coming here every day," Liam laughs flicking Harry's figurine he had on a bookcase, "Maybe you'll take up golfing,"

"I do golf,"

"Sorry, Maybe you'll actually become good at it," Liam corrects joking with his friend, Harry rolls his eyes with a smile sitting in his chair pulling his email onto the screen, "You'll be keeping everyone, right?"

"Every fire and hire I'll run by you, boss," Liam assures plucking his hands in his pockets, his eyes skimming the desk and seeing the pictures of Louis and the twins, "How are they?"

"Growing every day," Harry mumbles fondly, "When are you proposing to Niall?" Liam shrugs grabbing a picture from Harry and Louis' wedding day, "I kind of already did," Harry freezes, "A-and he said?"

"Yes," Setting the frame down, Liam sits on the edge of the desk, "I'll ask again when we're settled," he mumbles, Harry pats Liam's knee, "You're settled, ask him," his upbeat attitude falters when his eyes skim past an email from his inbox, it was one had sent Collin when he thought the man was helping him.

With a new reply highlighting it, he clicks on it, "This is odd," he mutters, Liam glancing at the screen with him, "Is that Quincy's email?" Liam asks suddenly seeing in the blind copy box, "Why would you have blind CC'd her on this?" he questions, Harry shaking his head, "I wouldn't have," Clicking on a few other emails he sees that she had been Blind Cc'd on all of them, "Maybe it's a glitch, call Cassandra and get it worked out before your email takes my place," Harry remarks logging off his email without a second thought.

Liam nods making a mental note to ask Kerri if she was ever Blind CC'd on all of Harry's emails, was this just an assistant thing?

Trailing Liam from the office, Harry steps in front of the elevator with a box in his hands, "We're here,"

"We made it here," Harry manages, tears pooling in his emerald orbs, he loved the company he'd created, he'd built, but he knew this break was much needed for the sake of his family.

Pushing the down arrow, when the doors slide open he steps over the metal doors glancing at Liam, "Are you coming?" the man nods joining his boss in the lift, "You'll still call me, right?" Harry asks suddenly when the doors close, Liam laughs nodding, "Of course I will," Harry thanks him, "I-I love him, but-but I-I need someone else to talk to during the day, a-an adult," he muses, Liam chuckles, "I'll still call you,"

The metal doors slide open revealing the office lobby, Louis stands listening to Niall talk about his designs for the house they're building, "Are you ready, Lou?" Harry asks, Louis, nods linking his arm around Harry's bidding a farewell to Niall and Liam, extending his hand toward Liam, Harry sniffles smiling, "Good luck buddy," Liam places his hand in Harry's, "T-thank you,"

"It was a pleasure to work with you, I hope we'll be seeing you soon," Quincy remarks when Harry passes Louis in the parking garage, Harry flinches not expecting the woman to be there, "H-hey Quincy, yeah, u-uh, yeah you were great. I know you'll be great for Liam too," Offering a smile, Quincy hums with a nod, "Right, drive home safe," she adds winking toward Louis that frowns stepping closer to his husband, "T-thanks Quincy, y-you too," Harry mutters unlocking his car putting his stuff in the trunk before sliding into the driver's seat.

Remaining rooted to the spot, Quincy plasters a smile waving as Harry backs from the spot, her eyes meeting Louis' panicked ones from the passenger seat, "One down, One to go," Turning on her heel she unlocks her own car sliding in turning the key she sighs as the lights flicker on, the polaroid she has in her seat catching her attention, bringing it closer to her face she frowns tracing the faces in the picture, "I miss you, Hunter, this one is for you,"

>All the love, Emma :)