{"hot and sweaty"}

Start from the beginning

"I like this girl" Sophia laughs. Emory smiles biting the inside of her cheek.

We hang out and chat for a little just trying to kill time before Austin brings the food over. It makes me really happy to see that Emory and Sophia are clicking and actually like each other. It feels nice to have two important people in my life genuinely get along and not just for my sake.

Austin gets here until around seven fifteen and we all go downstairs to greet him at the door.

"Thanks babe you're the best!" Sophia squeals giving him a kiss before taking the bag of tacos from him. He smiles at her fondly and looks over at Emory raising his eyebrow in confusion.

"Oh sorry" I pipe up "Austin this is my cousin Emory, Emory this is Sophia's boyfriend Austin" I say introducing them.

"Ah nice to meet you" he says rocking back and forth on his feet. He's still standing outside so I imagine he's pretty cold.

"You too" Emory replies with a small smile.

"Okay babe I love you, but you gotta go" Sophia says as she shoves Austin out the door "See you tonight!" she yells closing the door. Emory and I laugh and bring the food into the kitchen.

"I don't even remember the last time I had fast food, if ever" Emory says before biting into her taco. "Mmmm" she moans.

"Fast food is pretty much all hazel eats" Sophia chuckles.

"Uh not true!" I shove her playfully.

"Unless someone is cooking for her like Elaine...or Logan" she wiggles her eyebrows. I roll my eyes.

"Wait he cooks for you? That's amazing, you're so lucky" Emory says as she starts on her second taco.

"Yeah," I smile "I am"

We start getting ready for the party around eight thirty. Everyone showers which takes about an hour. After that we all get dressed. I put on the red velvet dress that Sophia gave me and Sophia wears the champagne colored satin dress that she showed me yesterday. Emory wears a forest green backless skater dress that really brings out her eyes.

"Is this okay?" Emory asks giving us a full three sixty spin so that we can get a complete look of her outfit. She paired the dress with black flats.

"Perfect" Sophia and I say in unison.

"Let me curl your hair girly" Sophia says ushering her into a chair.

I keep my hair straight and apply a light amount of makeup. Sophia has curled her and Emory's hair and not to toot my own horn, but we all look fucking gorgeous.

"We should get going" I say strapping on my heels. It's almost ten forty five now and the party should be in full swing. Never wanna go too early.

Sophia puts on her shoes as well and we snap a few group and individual photos to post later for our New Years post. We make our way downstairs but before we go, I make sure to tell Harry we are leaving.

"Harry come say goodbye or forever hold your peace!" I yell to him in the living room from our small foyer. He strolls in a few seconds later.

"You girls have fun and call me if you need anything" he pulls me in for a hug and gives me a kiss on my forehead "Be safe, stay together, and all of the other adult things I should be telling you"

"Love you Harry" I sing as we walk out the door.

We snap a few more pics outside and then jump in my car immediately turning on the heat. We left our coats in the house so we don't have to be bothered with them, we only brought our phones with us. As soon as the car heats up we start the short and familiar drive to Logan's house.