Hideaway

Biana P.O.V

"Where are we going?" I asked Ruy nervously as he marched forward purposefully. Ruy had been silent ever since he told me about Umber, or Wren (I didn't really know what to think of her yet) and he kept fidgeting as he walked. He was twisting his fingers and looking behind us nervously.

"Somewhere safe." He replied, not looking at me. 

"Why don't you take me back to Everglen?" I asked. "All my friends are there and I can be safe there!"

"No," he said. "It's not safe. They'll expect you to go there." 

"Then where are we going? There is nowhere safer than Everglen."

Ruy reached inside on his dark cloak and pulled out a light leaping crystal. I recognized it immediately. It was the crystal that Keefe had given to the Neverseen. It was the one that lead to Alluveture. 

"How do you have that crystal?" I asked Ruy. "Keefe gave it to Alvar not you!"

"I stole it," Ruy said bluntly. "I stole it from him after he died. It was in his room." 

"That's my brother you are talking about," I said softly. "And when did he die? How come we never knew?"

"Oh I forgot you didn't know," Ruy said coldly. "He died during one of our missions. It was when people didn't know we were back yet. Gethen killed him after he tried to slip a letter to Everglen."

"A letter?" I asked, confused. "We never got a letter." 

"Do you think that Gethen would have let Alvar deliver that letter? He ripped it into pieces and threw it into the fireplace of Oralie's chambers." 

"Why were you in Oralie's chambers?" I asked. 

"What do you think?" Ruy asked, looking at me for the first time during our walk. "We were trying to kill her." 

I froze in my steps and looked up at Ruy, but he had already turned his head around and gestured to me to grab his arm so we could travel to Alluveture. 

"Hey! Not yet!" I said to Ruy. I grabbed him and made him turn around to face me. "What was in the letter? Why would you try and kill Oralie? And why, do you not realize that that's my brother your talking about?! You can't just talk about him and just not give me any information!" 

Ruy looked down at me, long and hard. It should have been intimidating, as he was more then a head taller than me, but it wasn't, because I wasn't scared of him anymore. 

"You still care about him, don't you," he said. It wasn't a question, it was more of a statement. "Even though he betrayed you." 

"I don't!" I said, but I think that we both knew that that was a lie. "Answer my questions!" 

Ruy raised his hands up in mock defeat and he gave a me a smirk. It was strange, seeing him smirk. The smirk was exactly like Keefe's, but his eyes looked so much like Tam's. It was sort of like a strange mishmash of boys that I liked, and it gave me a strange feeling. It really made me remember how much I missed them both. I wondered what they were doing. Keefe was now basically my brother, and Tam was....Tam. I cared about them more then I've cared about anyone that wasn't my blood family

Ruy's voice brought me back to reality. " I don't know what was in the letter. I don't know why we would kill Oralie, it was Gethen's idea. There, satisfied?"  

Without giving me time to answer, he grabbed my arm and we light-leaped. 

In a flash, we were in Alluveture. I suddenly got a flash of memories of how we spent our times back then. We were going to Exillium, we had been banned from Foxfire. I didn't even know who Tam and Linh were during this time. It was funny, as back then they had no impact on my life, and now I couldn't imagine a life without them.