Chapter 12

Marella P.O.V  

Darkness. Dark, Dark, Dark. 

Silence. 

Cold.

Too Cold. 

It hurts. 

Hurts, hurts, hurts...... 

Dex P.O.V

I was laying in a hospital bed. The light was bright. The bed was uncomfortable. Those were the only three things that I was really capable of making sure of at the moment. I didn't even know what was real, or what was fake anymore. 

I stared up at the ceiling. That was a mistake, and now my eyes were hurting from the fluorescent lighting. 

I pushed myself up into a sitting position and blinked rapidly, trying to make sense of what I was seeing. I stared down at my fingers, flexing them around, trying to make sense of it. How did I get these scars? When was I ever in an area that would have allowed me to get burned? 

Thinking hard now, I turned around, and instantly I felt a sharp pain in back. Careful to not move anything, I turned my neck carefully and saw a large burn on my exposed back. What had I been doing? I racked my brain and tried to think of something, but my mind was blank. 

The door creaked open and there were five elves standing at the doorway, and one tall elf. The tall one had wild hair and a strange doctor coat that looked like it had some sort of weird animals on it. 

"Dex! Marella!"  cried one with blond hair and... wait. Brown eyes? She ran up and hugged me. "Dex, are you okay?!" 

I stared at the girl, racking my brain to think of a time I've ever seen somebody like this before. I couldn't think of anything, and so I gently pushed her away from me. 

She looked hurt for a second, but then she turned stared wildly at the man behind her. "Elwin!" she said. (so that was his name.) "You said that after they washed the memories, they could replace them!" 

The man (Elwin) contorted his face into one that signaled bad news. "Sophie..." he said slowly. "After they Washed him to stop the mind breaking, they gave him back all his memories of function like walking and his ability first, but... they couldn't give him back his personal things." 

Everyone in the group of five sucked in a breath at the same time. They stared wildly at each other and all rushed over to me. I tried to take in what had just been said. I couldn't have been washed! I was...I was... Who was I? I closed my eyes and thought hard and when I couldn't think of anything I opened them and stared at the five others carefully, trying to take them all in. They looked so different, but I knew they were elves because of the blue eyes, except that weird girl with the brown ones. 

There was a tall boy with strikingly teal eyes (where had I seen those before?) and chestnut brown that looked like it had seen too much hair gel for life. The boy standing beside him was blond, and his hair was also extremely styled, and he was about the same height as me. His ice blue eyes looked worried, and one of his hands was on the back of the girl with brown eyes, comforting her. There was another boy, this one with pure black hair and jagged bangs with strange silver dyed tips. Seriously, what was up with these guys and hair styling? His eyes were silvery-blue and he had the strange look of an emo. His eyes looked like they were drilling holes in my skull. Definitely a Shade. I looked away, as his eyes were making me uncomfortable. 

One of the girls was decently tall, and looked very similar to the Bangs Boy. They looked so similar. Were they twins? Twins were considered bad in the Lost Cites. She also had dyed silver tips and long black hair. They also had the same eyes. However, the girl looked a lot sweeter than the boy, and she had a look about her that made you think of the typical nice girl. The last person was the girl who hugged me. I was slightly wary of her, as she had those weird brown eyes. She was blond, and pretty short.