Haunting Her Dreams

Biana P.O.V 

The image floated into my head. When I realized what it was, I tried to push them back, force them to stop coming. It didn't work. My mind, it wasn't strong enough to fight the mind of the opposing person. 

Memory 1 - Kelser's Death 

Rismeshire in the background. Juline was rushing outside with Lex, Bex, and Rex right behind her, all of them looking terrified. Kelser sprinted out of Slurps and Burps holding an astonishing amount of bottles and elixirs. 

Dex dashed forward and grabbed handfuls of bombs and began throwing them at ten figures wearing dark clothes. Linh ducks and weaves around shooting water while Tam hides in the shadows, secretly launching shadowvapor at the others. 

I watched in horror, then began to sneak around to the back of the group, hoping to get a good chance on pouncing on them. Turning invisible, I had snuck to the back successfully and reached out...

The person turned, revealing a familiar face. Alvar! Shook, I jumped out of the way, turning visible as he began to advance. Sensing my panic, Tam ran over and tackled Alvar. In horror, I watched them fight on the ground. 

They were both bleeding hard, covering the snow in red. Where were Fitz, Sophie, and Keefe when you needed them? 

Jumping to help her brother, Linh rushed in. I saw a dark figure advance toward her. "Linh!" I cried out. 

Too late. Linh yelled as the elf in the dark cloak began to drag her away. Tam screamed and abandoned Alvar, running towards Linh. 

Juline smacked Alvar in the face and froze him solid. Then, she ran toward Kelser and Dex, who were throwing bombs at Gethen and Ruy. 

I wished I could be more useful, I was thinking as I watched the fight. Then, Dex fell, clutching his right arm. This was my chance!

I rushed into the battle and grabbed something from Dex's limp arm and threw it at Gethen. Gethen fell back and feeling more confident, I grabbed more things and began to throw them at Gethen and Ruy. 

As Juline went down, I heard a loud roar. Turning around, I grinned. There, I saw Fitz, Keefe, and Sophie sprinting toward them at full speed. We had so won this. 

"Biana!" I heard a voice say as I was waving at them. Turning around, I caught a glimpse of a dark cloak when somebody seized me by the wrist. I struggled out and turned to find my opponent, a mysterious figure in a dark cloak.  

Kelser rushes up and shoves me out of their grasp. Suddenly, I feel hot flames on my skin. The pain was overwhelming. Kelser shoves him off me and takes the full heat. He eventually collapses. 

I hear a scream. I see Tam and Linh fighting off the last remaining member of the Neverseen and I rush to help. I am stopped by Dex. He looks at Kelser's body in despair, then glares at me coldly. 

"Stop," he says. "You've done enough!" 

When the battle is finally over, the Dizznee family sits at Kelser's feet. Juline is crying. Kelser was gone. 

"What happened?" Sophie asks. She cries out in shock when she sees Kelser's limp body on the ground covered in flames and burns. 

"Biana happened," Dex said coldly without looking at me. "She forced my Dad to take the flames because she couldn't handle it!" 

"Dex!" Juline said. "It's not anyone's fault what happened to...to Dad. Certainly, not Biana's!"  

"Whatever," Dex said, running into Rimeshire. The triplets raced after Dex and soon, Juline, Linh, Keefe, Fitz, and Sophie followed. 

"It wasn't your fault," Tam said, sitting by me in the snow. "It wasn't." 

"Yes, it was!" I said. "I'm too cowardly to take the burn! I was scared of the fire and I couldn't take it, so I made Kelser take it for me!" 

Tam shook his bangs out of his eyes. "No, it wasn't your fault!" he said. "You can't blame yourself for something you couldn't control. You didn't tell Kelser to jump in front of you, he did it on his own free will. That's what the Neverseen are after. They want you to be guilty because they know how strong you are." 

"I'm not strong!" I said, blinking back tears. But, when I forced one tear back, about ten tears came down. Soon, I gave up and just let the tears spill. 

"Yes, you are Biana!" Tam said. "They want to break your mind! The more guilt you take in, the more you are letting the Neverseen win! That's what they want!" 

"How do you know what it feels like?" I asked Tam. "How?" 

Tam stiffened. "Livvy," he said. 

I bit my lip. Why had I asked that? Linh told us the story. Tam had run away from the Neverseen using the night as his cover. Livvy hid him in her house in Atlantis, even though Tam didn't want to put her in danger. The Neverseen attacked that day, killing Livvy while Tam escaped. 

"I'm sorry," I said, grabbing his hand. 

'It's fine," he replied. "So, you can't let the Neverseen break you, okay? Keep the guilt away." 

I followed him into Rimeshire. 

Then, it went black. I slowly opened my eyes. Nobody was there. "Hello?" I asked. I took in my surroundings. I was in a dark room. In front of me stood three people in dark cloaks. 

"So," one said. "What did you think of that memory Vanisher?" 

"Why are you here?" I asked. "Where are Keefe and Fitz?" 

"They don't know you are gone," another dark cloaked figure said. "In the meantime..." he took off his cloak. It was Gethen! 

"I found a way into your mind!" Gethen said. "Now, I heard that pep talk that Tam gave you. Let's see how long you can hold to it."  

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Let's see what it'll take to break your mind," Gethen said. "I know how many guilty memories you have." 

"I won't break!" I said furiously. 

"Oh I think you will," Gethen said. "Say bye to your mind Biana." 

Everything went black. 

UGH!!! THAT WAS SO BAD!!! Gethen is so wrong! Apologies for the terrible chapter I just wrote. Thanks for reading this though!