Chapter 10

Tam P.O.V 

Yes, we are back to the Salty King! I haven't wrote a P.O.V in his point of view for a long time, and this is supposed to be a Tiana fan fic, so i'm back to Tam! Not that I'm complaining, I mean who would complain about Tam? 

It happened all of the sudden. I was preoccupied trying to crush Ruy into pieces, when everything just got really hot. Like really, really hot. And then, almost as if it was in slow motion, the stone walls we were in suddenly exploded. 

I couldn't see anything, but seeing a streak of silver that was probably Linh, I grabbed her and we ran. Then, the roof started to fall to the red, orange and yellow mysterious flames. The fire was getting even hotter, and started to turn blue and white from the heat. 

I saw Ruy pushing Biana out of the way from the rocks, and tried to rush over to them. However, a piece of rubble fell in my path and through the flames and smoke, I couldn't see where Biana and Ruy were. This was so annoying! 

"HELP!" I heard a voice cry. It was Sophie. The flames were getting closer and the ropes hadn't even burned at all yet. 

Keefe and Fitz ran forward and tried to pull the ropes off. Their muscles tensed from the work, but none of it was working. 

"LINH! STOP THE FIRE!" I screamed. 

Linh scrunched her face up and unleashed the waves. Then, it was a scary war between the heat and water, the two elements colliding and warping each other. It would have been beautiful, but it wasn't. 

It was terrifying. My sister was straining. I could tell she almost had no more water inside her to summon. She didn't want to waste it all. How much fire was this mysterious pyrokinetic going to unleash? They wouldn't use all of it. Nobody would, unless they were a stupid fool. 

It had to be Fintan. Fintan was the only one powerful enough to summon all this fire without using up it all. 

Linh's water stopped and she collapsed. I knew that she had left just enough for her to sustain herself. She could give no more. 

The fire crept toward Sophie, and Fitz and Keefe were thrown out of the way by their instincts as the fire burned the edge of Keefe's cloak. Keefe tried to rush back in, but Fitz grabbed his arm. 

The flames, almost by a miracle missed Sophie and went to the ropes as they burned the ropes down. That was a miracle, that the uncontrolled flames of Fintan had accidentally freed Sophie. I laughed inside, imagining how Fintan would feel when he realized that his flames had been the one to free Sophie Foster. 

Sophie jumped down from the wall and landed on her knees, wincing painfully. Keefe pulled her up and pressed her behind his back as the flames rose, burning down the wall that Sophie had just been attached to. 

Now, we were nearly in an open field. Ruy and Biana where nowhere to be seen, which was so aggravating, I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs. 

It was Linh who first noticed him. "DEX!" she screamed, running toward him like a madwoman toward the flames. She parted the fire with her water and jumped through like an elegant horse jumping  over a fence. 

I tried valiantly to get through the flames as well, but my shadows weren't very effective against fire. Sophie tried also, but she couldn't get through either. 

I sat in the grass and stared as the flames slowly, but surely died down. Dex and Linh were nowhere to be seen. I started to get even more worried. My twin sister, out there in the fire, where the Neverseen could still be? That was terrifying. 

Through the fire, I saw Linh holding Dex, who's head flopped limply from side-to-side concerning.However, all I could think about was Linh, so as soon as Linh set Dex down for Sophie to examine, I rushed over to Linh and began to lecture her for running off like that. 

"Well, nobody else was gonna do it!" Linh argued back. "Be honest, did any of you think about Dex for one minute?! Nobody thinks about Dex except for Marella and Sophie sometimes!" 

"Hey," Fitz said, approaching us. "Speaking of Marella, where is she?" 

I did a double take through our group. That was Keefe with the Hair he loved so dearly, and Sophie leaning over Dex, whispering. Fitz, Linh and I where over here. Biana was, well gone. 

Linh was right. Where in the world was Marella? 

Sophie and Keefe came over. "What's wrong?" Keefe asked, taking in everyone's faces. 

"Marella's missing!" Linh said. 

Sophie glanced around and stared back at linh in panic as if she was seeing this for the first time. "Where could she be?! I swear I saw her..." Sophie struggled as she tried to remember where she last saw Marella. 

Groaning, Linh set a fast pace toward the now mostly-burned-down hideout. "Come on!" she said, then raced off to search for Marella. 

"I'll stay with Dex!" Sophie said. "I need to take care of him!"

"Then I'm staying too!" Fitz said, sliding up to Sophie. "I'm your Cognate!" 

Sophie nodded, and Keefe grimaced, but nobody complained as we all ran after Linh. 

After some time of searching trough rubble and half-melted rocks, (there were a lot of them), we all heard a gasp from Linh. 

"What is it?" I asked my twin as we all came towards her. Linh was cradling a small elephant pin that looked very familiar. 

"It's Marella's pin!" she said after seeing our confused faces. "She must be here somewhere. Marella!! MARELLA!" 

There was no return of any words, and Linh looked at us, worried for Marella's safety. "Where could she be?!" 

"Um, guys?" Keefe asked. We turned, as we hadn't noticed Keefe creeping away. He was standing about a meter or so away, a huge rock that had probably been about 1/4 of the roof pushed to the side. 

As we jogged over, Linh gasped as she saw what it was. 

It was an elf. Well, a small, pixie-like elf with ice blue eyes,  and blond hair with small braids braided into it. An elf that looked crushed, half-squished, eyes closed, barely breathing. Scratch that. 

Not breathing. 

Linh screamed and tried to shove air into the elf's mouth. The shock wore off. 

"Marella?" I asked quietly. 

Linh gulped, tears coming as she pointed to her cape. The cape was nearly off her shoulders do to the lack of a pin. Linh pressed the fallen pin into the shape that the cape was designed for. It fit perfectly. 

"QUICK!" Linh screamed, after trying to shove air into Marella's mouth multiple times. "GET BACK TO THE OTHERS. WE HAVE TO GET TO ELWIN!" 

We picked up the body and ran as fat as physically possible. My breath caught, and a stitch appeared in my side as we sprinted up hills and rocks, until we saw Sophie, Fitz and a slightly conscious Dex in the distance. 

Sophie gasped when she saw Marella and Dex... Dex...

Dex's jaw fell open, and his eyes closed three times slowly in shock. "M-M-Marella?" he asked softly, touching her arm as if to make sure she was real. 

Fitz took one look, and pulled out his crystal. "Elwin." he said. "Now."