Chapter 7

Tam P.O.V 

I was seriously getting impatient. We had made like no progress at all. Dex had found a series of fingerprints and footsteps, one of each he had identified were from Biana. Now, he was sitting on the ground, desperately staring at each fingerprint and cross-referencing each one with everything else that he had stored in his mind. 

We had found that the footsteps lead up to the window and only the two mysterious strangers footsteps were on the ground. Biana must have had been carried out the window because her fingerprints were on the windowsill, yet her footprints were gone. 

When we discovered Biana had been taken out the window, Fitz had jumped up and tried to jump out the window before Keefe and Sophie grabbed his arms and pulled him back to the safety of her room, reminding him that getting himself killed wouldn't help the matter at all. 

I got where he was coming from. 

I wanted to jump out that window and run, far, far away until I found Biana and grab her and take her back from whoever had taken her in the first place. But, nobody could survive that fall except Sophie, and even if we grabbed onto her, where would we go next? The people who had taken her were smart enough to get past Evereglen's security, so they were smart enough to know not to run all teh way to wherever they had taken biana. They had most definitely light-leaped, and though Dex was trying, he still couldn't manage to trace their route. 

Whoever they were, they were smart. Dex hadn't even identified the gender of the kidnappers yet, even with his machine. 

So, the rest of us were just staring at Dex, sitting on the ground staring, which probably wasn't helping him at all. 

Dex suddenly yelped and leaned forward, hitting some buttons on his machine quickly. Everyone leaned forward. 

"What?! What!!" Fitz exclaimed, shoving the rest of us back to desperately see the screen. "Have we found anything? Who is it? Where's Biana!?" 

I wasn't about to let Fitz be the only one who was seeing the screen, so I jumped forward and peered at it too. 

Let me just say, it was very difficult to understand. 

There were a bunch of numbers all over the screen, which was divided in half by a neon green line. On one side of the line, there was a giant letter BV-F followed by a series of numbers that I didn't even want to try and comprehend next to the black silhouette of a woman. I assumed that was Biana's side. On the other side, there was a bunch of black silhouette's, some male, some female flashing past at an alarming rate and a bunch of numbers on top, but no letters, unlike Biana's side. 

"No, no, no..."Dex said, clicking more buttons. "Wait!" he suddenly cried out, holding a hand to the screen. The screen froze rigidly on a rough silhouette that kept flickering in and out and kept changing. 

"Help me remember this! Somebody!" Dex said. "We're losing it!" 

"SOMEBODY GET A PIECE OF PAPER AND A PEN! HURRY!" Fitz shrieked, grabbing dex's shoulders and shaking him. "DON'T LOSE IT DEX!!" 

"Okay, I have it!" Sophie and Keefe exclaimed at the same time, holding a hand to their heads. "Say it!" 

I looked at them, wondering if they were going mad before I sighed. I forgot. Keefe and Sophie had photographic memories. 

"I have a piece of paper just in case!" Marella said, waving it around. "I'll copy it too...oh rats." 

The piece of paper insinuated in her hand, bursting into flames. Everyone looked at it, a little afraid and Marella looked at everyone sorrily. "Sorry!" she said. "That happens when I get too excited."