Chapter 9

Marella P.O.V 

A/N have you guys SEEN the new picture of Marella that was released? She is SOO pretty! 

Ok, ok, I know this may sound bad, but my first thought when Biana walked through that door wearing that awful cape and pin, was that I might finally have a chance for Tam to notice me. I know! It's a bad thought, but ever since I saw Tam Song, I've had a HUGE crush on him. It has been really obvious that Tam liked Biana, but Biana liked Keefe, so I pursued my crush, thinking I had a chance. 

But when Biana went missing and Tam started to freak out a lot, I was both concerned for Biana, but a little, tiny part of me was hoping that she would stay missing. Well, she could come back in like a year or two or something, when me and Tam were together. 

When Biana walked through that door, I was pretty sure Keefe was going to have a heart attack, because I wasn't and Empath, and even I could feel emotions spiking. 

Fitz looked like he was trying to decide between being relieved or extremely, utterly mad at Biana for siding with the Neverseen. His eyebrows were scrunched together, because of both confusion and anger. 

Linh, on the other hand, had the opposite approach to Fitz. Instead of anger, her face only reflected disappointment and sadness, that her friend had somehow gone to "the dark side". She wasn't even confused, the gentle soul. She didn't need an explanation. That was Linh for you. Sometimes, she was too nice. 

Sophie was shocked, and I could almost see her mind working rapidly. Biana? To the dark side? How could that ever happen? "Bi-Biana?" Sophie croaked hesitantly. "Is- Is that you?" 

 Biana didn't answer but we all knew it was her, but I guess nobody ever wanted to admit that. How could they? The beautiful, smart and powerful Biana,  be snatched away and joined the Neverseen? Nobody wanted that to happen. Nobody ever thought it could happen, but yet here she was. The Vacker traitor. They must have something in their genes or something. First Alvar, then Biana. Who's next? Della? 

My gaze shifted down to the ground, where Dex was still lying, not moving. I immediately grew concerned. Poor dude. He lost his Dad in Fintan's fire, (or I think it was Fintan, but who knows? Maybe Brant is back from dead. Hey, Biana joined the Neverseen, so anything could happen.) One of his younger siblings, (Bex I think?) went insane, and his Mom isn't doing so well either. And now? He's lying on the ground, his mind almost BROKEN, and nobody is even caring. They are all looking at Biana, NOBODY is concerned for Dex. It's like he's been forgotten because there was a flashier Vacker in the picture that was more important than the underdog that was Dex. 

I felt a rush of protectiveness toward Dex, and moved towards him. Then, I heard a familiar voice speak up. Tam! My head immediately shot toward his voice. It was like a magnetic pull, of his voice to me. 

"Biana?" Tam asked. "Biana, why are you here? Why are wearing that? Did somebody force you to wear that?" 

Ugh. Of course. He was talking about Biana. Trying to make her come back. To him. Ugh. (Mental groan.) 

"Wait! Tam!" I said, raising my arm to stop his instinctive movement toward Biana. "Let me do your other rope!"

He sighed, but turned towards me, as much as his rope would allow. "Sure. Go ahead." 

I leaned in, trying not to be really obvious, and pressed my hand into his arm with the rope, and slowly started to let the fire burn. I could do it a lot quicker, but it felt sorta nice to have Biana feel the jealousy instead of me. 

"So," Tam said, rushing toward Biana as soon as the rope was free. I sighed, and slumped down on the ground next to Linh as I watched the scene unfold. 

"Biana, why are you wearing that? Come with us! We'll get everyone free, and then, then we we'll find a way to save you! You don't have to wear that if you don't want to!" Tam said, extending a hand to her. 

Biana looked longingly at the out stretched hand, and for a second, I swear she was going to take it. But then. Then! Then, she shook her head, and turned away from Tam, and the rest of our group. 

"You wouldn't understand," Biana said coldly, in a voice that was hers, and at the exact same time couldn't be. "I have to stay." 

"WHY!?" Fitz demanded suddenly, rushing forward towards his sister. "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO STAY BIANA? Can you TELL ME?! WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAT THE NEVERSEEN CAN GIVE WE THAT WE CAN'T OFFER?!"

He ran toward Biana and made a move to grab the edge of her cloak, but suddenly was thrust back by an invisible force-field. He glanced up, and so did I. 

Ruy Ingis. And Biana was standing next to him, not doing anything to try to attack him, disable him, or anything of that sort. 

Fitz growled at Ruy, and Keefe grabbed his arm. "Chill, dude," Keefe said, although I could tell he was too restraining himself from rushing into the force-field. "The emotions are already wild here, and if you get more mad, I'm literally gonna faint from emotion." 

Tam's shadows were suddenly thrust toward the force-field. He growled, looking more mad then ever before, and Linh, by his side was trying desperately to calm him down. 

"Well then," Keefe muttered under his breath. "Looks like Bangs Boy isn't worried about me literally dying from too much emotion." 

Ruy snarled back, and started pressing his force-fields down harder on Tam's shadows, but Tam pressed back just as hard. However, he was losing energy, and Ruy could tell that as well, because he grinned. 

I glimpsed Biana watching the sight with wide-eyes. I was no Telepath, but I tried to break into Biana's mind, to tell her to stop this. But, Biana didn't do anything except watch, her breath heavy. 

I had to stop this. Before Tam literally got so exhausted he couldn't do anything anymore. Before Rut overpowered us all and turned us all into whatever he had turned Biana into. Sophie was stuck to the walls, and nobody would leave her behind. The walls had to go down. And I knew how. 

 So, I took a deep breath and tried to send out my flames. I couldn't do it. Why? Cause I was scared. I was a coward. I never did anything right, and whenever I tried to, it would always fail, and collapse back on top of me, crushing my friends who were stupid enough to believe in me. 

Then, I saw it. Dex, was slowly trying to get up, but nobody saw because they were too busy watching the Tam vs. Ruy thing. Seeing Dex, still fighting, fighting for sanity, fighting his mind, fighting everything that was against him, made me want to fight too. 

So, I took a deep breath in. Nobody noticed, so I closed my eyes, and got ready. 

I am no coward. 

I spread my arms out, and felt for all the flames inside of me. And then, I let them all out.