3

The interview goes smoothly. I laugh and nod in the appropriate places. Afterwards the guys convince me and Hope to drive them to McDonalds so they can get food. Don't ask. Everyone sits down and talks about the interview and then the conversation turns to an argument about whether having pineapple on a pizza should be a thing. I sit there and let Hope do all the talking. Now and again, out of the corner of my eye, I catch Jonah looking at me. I just ignore him and listen to the conversation.
We go back to theirs and they all go out the back. I sit on the couch and scroll through Instagram. I like a few posts and make a few comments. I've never posted no matter how many times people say I look pretty and that I should. I just don't care. "What are you doing?" I look behind me and see Jonah. "Looking on Insta. You?" "I'm gonna go make a smoothie. Do you want one?" I nod and follow him to the kitchen.
"I also wanted to speak about a tour and set design that I think would look great." He grabs strawberries and bananas from the bowl and put them in the mixer. He talks about his ideas and I make the notes on my phone. He goes silent as I finish the notes. I look at and meet his blue eyes. It's so easy to get lost in them. I look back down. "Anything else?"
"Yeah."
I get my notes ready so I can write it all down.
"Why don't you talk that much?"
I look up again and turn off my phone.
"I don't really like talking so I let Hope do it all."
"Why?"
"I don't wanna talk about it."
"Well I'm your boss and you've gotta answer."
"First I listen to your idea which is a lot of bs and then you ask me a personal question! Yeah, I'm totally gonna answer the question."
"You have to answer the question or else I'll fire you."
"Fire me then because I'm not answering that question."
I get up and leave. I go to my room and climb into bed. I wrap the covers round me and try to sleep because right now, I don't want to talk to anyone.