20 - Jonah's POV

I leave the snacks on the table in the kitchen and put the juices in the fridge. Corbyn went to hang out with Christina for a while. Jack and Zach went out, most likely to go shopping. Daniel and Hope went on a date. And Beaux. She's in her room. I haven't seen her since we got back a couple of hours ago from the store.

I hear a set of footsteps coming into the kitchen. I turn to see Beaux. She has a pair of black shorts with a red vest on. Her chocolate hair tied in a messy bun. She watches me as I stare at her. "Sorry" I mumble.

"For what?"
"For kissing you. For spending the night with you. For making you unhappy."
"I'll live. I have a question for you though."
"As long as I get to ask a question as well."
"Fine."
"Okay, shoot."
"Why did you kiss me? Why did you spend the night with me? You made it very clear that I was just someone who worked for you but now you're giving me mixed signals."
"That's more than one question."
"Just answer it."
"I don't know. I just wanna know everything about you. When we spent the night together, I just wanted to hold you. I wanted you.  When you agreed to go shopping with me, I wanted to apologise but I couldn't because all I wanted to do was to kiss you. I have never met anyone like you before and I think you're amazing."
She sits there, dumbfounded.
"My turn" I say which brings her attention back to me.
"Huh? Oh yeah. Go ahead."
"How come you don't speak much?"
She sighs. "My parents always believed that children should be seen and not heard but when I would shout they'd get frustrated and kick me out until I was ready to quietly come back. It was really petty of them but now I just prefer to stay quiet."

I go over to her and hug her. "Beaux, I'm so sorry." I pull her closer to me but she pushes me away. "I don't wanna hurt you Jonah." I put my hand on her cheek. "You are perfect. I won't let anyone hurt you and I know someone as beautiful and as smart as you won't hurt me. You know why? Because I want you."

She looks up and into my eyes. Her eyes are sparkling again. I lean in and place my lips on hers. Things become a little more heated and before you know it, we're in my room. Our clothes are on the floor. Our bodies in sync.

I am madly in love with Beaux. I hope she feels the same way.